GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lou_Para), 441 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,882
Members10,349
Most Online992
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Deleted Scenes??? #25249
05/28/02 02:16 PM
05/28/02 02:16 PM
Jimmy The Gent Offline OP
Wiseguy
Jimmy The Gent  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Looking through the deleted scenes on the bonus disc I'm amazed to see what FFC didn't think was important enough to include in the movie. Some of the coolest scenes have been left out. Why on earth was the scene of the dying Genco not in the movie??? Or Sonny receiving the news of Vito being gunned down??

Also, in the section about Coppolas notebook for making the movie, it is stated as one of the possible pitfalls in depicting Fabrizio's betrail, that his desire to go to the US is not clear enough. Yet the scene where Fabrizio begs Michael to take him to America and he sings Star Spangled Banner is cut out!

Anyway, which of the deleted scenes do you think should not have been cut out?

How do you know the Italian Mafia is at the cockfight? The duck wins.
Imgs
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25250
05/28/02 02:32 PM
05/28/02 02:32 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
First of all, I don't think it's a matter of FFC not thinking these deleted scenes weren't 'important enough' to include in the original films...but that some had to be sacrificed for time restraints during the final editing process. Scenes like that of Genco in the hospital and Bonasera talking to his wife before meeting Vito (my personal favorite) are jewels to us now that we know they exist, but their absense obviously did not lessen the quality of the film or the telling of the story.

I'm sure FFC had to make difficult decisions during the editing process. That is probably why, once GF and GF2 were established hits, he included many of the deleted scenes in the Saga/Novel for Television/DVD Trilogy.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25251
05/28/02 03:03 PM
05/28/02 03:03 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
FFC at the time of GF filming was a promising but relatively unknown director. Even he admits that one of the reasons he was selected to direct it was that Paramount figured he'd bring it in under budget, and he was under tremendous pressure to do so. It took plenty of chutzpah for this new kid on the block to convince Paramount that they could make money on a film that ran almost three hours. So it's understandable (but regrettable) that many fine scenes didn't make the final cut. By GFII, Coppola had almost total artistic control, which is probably why fewer scenes were deleted from the final cut.
I agree about the Genco scene. But then, all of the deleted scenes are gems--every one of them.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25252
05/28/02 06:52 PM
05/28/02 06:52 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Genco scene was one of my favorite ones. God Father stay with me.....

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25253
05/28/02 07:49 PM
05/28/02 07:49 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Read The Godfather Legacy by Harlan Lebo, GREAT book! Even contains Pics from Bonus Scenes, AND Never before Scenes of Miek killing Fabrizzio.

If I remember correctly, (FRom thebook, i wasn't alive in 1971, or 1981, but I was here for the Challenger Explosion)

Back in 1971, the longest moive ever released was a little over 2 hours, maybe 2:15

FFC was hired because his last movie had been completed WAY under budget!

Paramount's last MOB Movie The BrotherHood floundered and they expected The Godfather to do the same.

FFC pleaded for 2 1/2 hours of Running time, and Paramount agreed. FFC showed Paramount the 2:59 THEATRICAL Release of The Godfather, and Paramount took a chance on this 3 hour film and it paid off.

There was a good twenty minutes of Footage cut from the release. About 10-15 Minutes worth was added in Saga/Trilogy/Epic, but some scenes NEVER made it anywhere. Mike killing Fabrizzio with his own Lupara at the Bufalo Pizza Parlor. Paulie gatto beating up the attackers o Bonasera's daughter (From the book).

Paramount took a chance with another 3 Hour Sequel.

FFC showed Paramount the THEATRICAL 3 1/2 hour version. They went for a chance and it paid off AGAIN!

Abotu twenty minutes were cut, with 10-15 added back in Saga/Epic/Trilogy, and some NEVER released including Genco marrying Carla, the Senza Mamma girl, and her working as a telephone operator at GPOC, Johnny Ola hanging from the Havana Balcony after being Strangled, and extra footage of Mike in 1968, later added into the TV Version of GF3.

The two movies together Commercial Free are six hours. GF1 with Commercials is 3 1/2, GF2 with Commercials is 4 hours.
The Chronological Television Version is 7 1/2 hours long Commercial Free, and 9 hours with Commercials.

There are TELEVISION ONLY scenes eg. Connie or another Young Maid with Anthony and Mike in Lake Tahoe 1968 (Opening Scene in Saga before 1901), a Scene with Rocco Lampone kissing Michael's han din the Corleone NY office in 1955 that starts after Mario Puzo's The Godfather appears. The first scene in 1958 has Rocco and other men playing catch with dogs at Sunset in Lake Tahoe th enight before Anthonys Communion.

USA's TV Version of GF3, starts with a 15-minute Lead-in recapping the First Two Movies.

Mike sits alone in Tahoe witht he leave rustling in 1968 (Last Scene in GF2), only there is MUCH more footage of him doing this, at least two minutes. The Lead-in recaps Vito being shot at Fruitstand, Mike saying he wil kill Sollozzo, Sonny's Ivy-League suit speech, Tessio describing the toilet at Louis's, Mike killing Sollozzo and McCluskey, Mike marrying Appolonia, Fabrizzio bombing Appolonia, Fredo betraying Mike at the Moe Greene meeting, Mike's Baptism, Cuneo/Carlo/Stracci/Moe/Barzini/Tattaglia are killed, Anthony walking down to the Altar on his Communion, the Hit in my bedroom, "Rocco, ALive!", "We're bigger than U.S. Steel", Fredo's Kiss of Death, Fredo, Connie, Tom, and Mike at Mamma's Funeral, "I'm not dumb, I'm Smart, The Pentangeli brothers at Hearing, Mike slaps Kay "ABortion", "Difficult not impossible", Tom says "Why you hurt me Mike?", Rocco and Hyman are killed, Frankie is dead, and then GF3 starts, and during the Mass we see the GF3 footge of Fredo being killed in the boat.

Mike sits on a bench in a NY park in 1978 and writes the letter to Ant and Mary.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25254
05/28/02 08:31 PM
05/28/02 08:31 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Ricardo:

There was a good twenty minutes of Footage cut from the release. About 10-15 Minutes worth was added in Saga/Trilogy/Epic, but some scenes NEVER made it anywhere. Mike killing Fabrizzio with his own Lupara at the Bufalo Pizza Parlor. Paulie gatto beating up the attackers o Bonasera's daughter (From the book). and some NEVER released including Genco marrying Carla, the Senza Mamma girl, and her working as a telephone operator at GPOC, Johnny Ola hanging from the Havana Balcony after being Strangled, and extra footage of Mike in 1968, later added into the TV Version of GF3.
What I wouldn't give to see those scenes!

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25255
05/29/02 12:11 AM
05/29/02 12:11 AM
Brazil
Marco Pentangeli Offline
Button
Marco Pentangeli  Offline
Button
Brazil
"Scenes like that of Genco in the hospital and Bonasera talking to his wife before meeting Vito (my personal favorite) are jewels to us now that we know they exist, but their absense obviously did not lessen the quality of the film or the telling of the story"

If there is a scene before the meeting with Vito, with what scene does GF1 begins?

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25256
05/29/02 09:26 AM
05/29/02 09:26 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Marco Pentangeli:
If there is a scene before the meeting with Vito, with what scene does GF1 begins?
This is not before the opening scene in the film, but later on after Sonny is killed and Vito summons Bonasera to meet him at the funeral home. The deleted scene shows Bonasera nervously getting dressed at home, worrying to his wife about what terrible thing The Godfather will want from him and how it will affect his life.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25257
05/29/02 01:57 PM
05/29/02 01:57 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
i like the deleted scene with Genco . . .
"Stay with me Godfather, help me meet death."-Genco
and the scene Fanucci attack by the guys . . .

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25258
05/29/02 04:28 PM
05/29/02 04:28 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b]If there is a scene before the meeting with Vito, with what scene does GF1 begins?
This is not before the opening scene in the film, but later on after Sonny is killed and Vito summons Bonasera to meet him at the funeral home. The deleted scene shows Bonasera nervously getting dressed at home, worrying to his wife about what terrible thing The Godfather will want from him and how it will affect his life.

Apple[/b]
Novel-Time: In the book the chapter begins with Bonasera getting a call from Tom Hagen tellign him to meet Vito within the hour.

Bonasera tells his wife of th ehorrible dreams he's had of Vito showing up with a dumptruck full of dead bodies for him to bury in the middle of the night. He says if the other Dons knew he was an accomplice to murder they would have him killed as well.

After Bonasera greets Don Vito and tells him he is joyous that Vito is healthy, Tom pulls off the cover on the body and we see Santino's mangled corpse.

Next Chapter tells of Carl/Connie, then Santino's death.

GF1 Sequence in Saga strarts with Bonasera's I Believe in the Mafia/America. (I don't remember which he said)

They did not detract from the 5-star story, but are still noteworthy. Sonny says "Pop had genco, look what I got" I didn't know WHAT a Genco was, i thought it was a building, then i found it Genco was a person, then his character got funny in Gf2, and soon after I saw the hospital scene!

That should have been included because it ties up WHO is Genco, why Tom Hagen is NEW Consigliere, and an important scene with Mike saying he will never grow up live his father's life.

Also they could have at least MENTIONED what they did to avenge Bonasera's daughter. (Paulie Gatto and two Soldiers beat the two boys with brass knuckles.)

Perhaps a deleted Scene or two would have made GF3 better.

The USA TV GF3 intro is an adde dbonus to the story! Someone said Altobello returns to the Meeting and is there during the helicopter attack on the Making of GF3 on DVD, but it was cut since FFC said it made Altobello look like he was REALLY on Mike's side rather than atraitor.

Oh well, just be glad we didn't have 15 minutes of Vaginal surgery talk.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25259
05/29/02 04:37 PM
05/29/02 04:37 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
...Perhaps a deleted Scene or two would have made GF3 better...
Rephrase:
Perhaps deleting a Scene or two would have made GF3 better. But probably not.

Another rephrase:
Perhaps rewriting a scene or two..or three..would have made GF3 MUCH better. Maybe.

One more time:
Perhaps rewriting the entire film would have made GF# SO much better.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25260
05/29/02 06:15 PM
05/29/02 06:15 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b]...Perhaps a deleted Scene or two would have made GF3 better...
Rephrase:
Perhaps deleting a Scene or two would have made GF3 better. But probably not.

Another rephrase:
Perhaps rewriting a scene or two..or three..would have made GF3 MUCH better. Maybe.

One more time:
Perhaps rewriting the entire film would have made GF# SO much better.

Apple[/b]
Rephrase: Perhaps a Well-known director, but Script writer, shouldn't alter the WHOLE Movie by changing the script of a 5 Star Novel writer, and a professional Script writer.

Another Rephrase: Perhaps anything but Immobilaire would have made it better.

One more time: FFC directing, and Puzo writing would have made this a WORTHY part of The Godfather Saga.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25261
05/30/02 05:25 AM
05/30/02 05:25 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
Read The Godfather Legacy by Harlan Lebo, GREAT book! Even contains Pics from Bonus Scenes, AND Never before Scenes of Miek killing Fabrizzio
thanks for the info Ricardo! i'm interested in the pictures(of course in the book also. grin ). is this in colored or black and white?

GoodFella

Life Goes On

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25262
05/30/02 07:43 PM
05/30/02 07:43 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
[b]Read The Godfather Legacy by Harlan Lebo, GREAT book! Even contains Pics from Bonus Scenes, AND Never before Scenes of Miek killing Fabrizzio
thanks for the info Ricardo! i'm interested in the pictures(of course in the book also. grin ). is this in colored or black and white?

GoodFella[/b]
Most are black, there's also a still of Jack Woltz and Tom Hagen at the beach overlooking San Francisco Bay/Pacific Ocean (Wherever they are).

A Close-up of the GF2 Trial Board indicating ALL members of the Family, including INFAMOUS Francis Forducci.

Mamma Andolini with the knife to Ciccio's throat.

And some unseen footage from Young Vito after he gets his free orange.

Augustino (Blacksmith) Coppola and Carmine (Flute) Coppola from GF2 as well.

FEW Stills of GF3, but good! I scanned them to add my site with credit to Harlan but the Floppy MYSTERIOUSLY was Formatted!

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25263
05/30/02 11:51 PM
05/30/02 11:51 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
Most are black, there's also a still of Jack Woltz and Tom Hagen at the beach overlooking San Francisco Bay/Pacific Ocean (Wherever they are).

A Close-up of the GF2 Trial Board indicating ALL members of the Family, including INFAMOUS Francis Forducci.

Mamma Andolini with the knife to Ciccio's throat.

And some unseen footage from Young Vito after he gets his free orange.

Augustino (Blacksmith) Coppola and Carmine (Flute) Coppola from GF2 as well.

FEW Stills of GF3, but good! I scanned them to add my site with credit to Harlan but the Floppy MYSTERIOUSLY was Formatted!
thanks Ricardo! [Linked Image]

GoodFella

Life Goes On

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25264
05/31/02 01:03 AM
05/31/02 01:03 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I was reading a book about Marilyn Monroe's movies today, and one of the studio-types quoted said that it was the studios' policy to hold on to outtake and retake film for about a year, then dump it--destroy it. He said he had signed off on numerous destructions of Monroe outtakes. I wonder if that fate has befallen any GF Trilogy material? Sure hope not--someday, someone will have the wherewithal to make one or more films, or featurettes, out of that material. I'd be first in line to pay to see it.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25265
06/01/02 01:31 PM
06/01/02 01:31 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Turnbull:
I was reading a book about Marilyn Monroe's movies today, and one of the studio-types quoted said that it was the studios' policy to hold on to outtake and retake film for about a year, then dump it--destroy it. He said he had signed off on numerous destructions of Monroe outtakes. I wonder if that fate has befallen any GF Trilogy material? Sure hope not--someday, someone will have the wherewithal to make one or more films, or featurettes, out of that material. I'd be first in line to pay to see it.
Where's our A&E Biography: The Godfather, and
E! True Hollywood Story: The Godfather ?

They could use this footage for ratings or whatever.

I think the stills exist but the actual video files were ruined or damaged somehow.

Always wanted to see Mike kill Fabrizzio.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25266
06/02/02 12:08 AM
06/02/02 12:08 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Ah, we can only wish. Personally, I think Paramount blew a big opportunity by failing to incorporate ALL the cut scenes in the Trilogy (in their proper places within the films, of course). But who knows? Maybe 25, 50 years from now... ohwell

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25267
06/02/02 01:18 PM
06/02/02 01:18 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Snake:
Ah, we can only wish. Personally, I think Paramount blew a big opportunity by failing to incorporate ALL the cut scenes in the Trilogy (in their proper places within the films, of course). But who knows? Maybe 25, 50 years from now... ohwell
Maybe for the 31st Anniversary. Or the 32nd. Or the 33rd. Or maybe for the 100th annivrsary, they'll go back in time and film EVERYTHING in the book, script, and all three movies again. Then release them on DVD.

Imagine Castellano AND Gazzo in GF2.Duvall in GF3. More Luca!

Maybe they could also film The Sicilian again.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25268
06/03/02 07:39 PM
06/03/02 07:39 PM
TheDon'sOffice Offline
Made Member
TheDon'sOffice  Offline
Made Member
As much as I, and obviously many others on this board like most of those scenes and would like them integrated. Most of the general public would go nuts watching 4+ hour movies and I believe that even many of us would have been bored the first time through if that had all been included.
Sorry if that's Blastfeme.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25269
06/04/02 06:01 PM
06/04/02 06:01 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by TheDon'sOffice:
As much as I, and obviously many others on this board like most of those scenes and would like them integrated. Most of the general public would go nuts watching 4+ hour movies and I believe that even many of us would have been bored the first time through if that had all been included.
Sorry if that's Blastfeme.
First Time I saw Godfather, my eyes were guled tot he screen for 3 1/2 hours (TNN (TV)). Next night I saw GF2 4 hours (TNN(TV)) and fell asleep halfway through, but woke up for the bloody bathtub!

I know what you mena about 4 hour movies, but Apocalypse Now Redux will kerep you awake for 3 hours and 15 minutes the first time you see it!

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25270
07/06/02 11:53 AM
07/06/02 11:53 AM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
I like one of the opening scenes in Part II featured on the trilogy where Fredo and his wife arrive at the compound by car.

I think she is already drunk and Freddie is telling her to behave herself because of the upscale people and respectable friends of Kay who are visiting.

But she taunts Freddie and asks him why he is so scared of his kid brother and Freddie tells her that it is because Mike is the head of the family.

I wonder if this was cut from the movie because it gave away the possibility Fredo's guilt too early on. I don't know. We find out it was Fredo who turned traitor within the first hour anyway.

I think it was a good scene because it showed how embarrased Fredo was that his fear and resentment of Micheal was obvious.

As has been said many times - Coppola did have to cut some material and I respect that.

It's just fun to see these cut scenes and the meaning they give.

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25271
07/06/02 04:18 PM
07/06/02 04:18 PM
Pacific Northwest
CharlieLucifer Offline
Made Member
CharlieLucifer  Offline
Made Member
Pacific Northwest
The deleted scenes aren't spectacular, but they are good nonetheless...

I think that they should have at least included Genco's death scene in the first... and Vito's Revenge on the second.

-Lucky

There's nothin' on the top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds.
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25272
07/07/02 12:51 AM
07/07/02 12:51 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Wiseguy_1872:
I like one of the opening scenes in Part II featured on the trilogy where Fredo and his wife arrive at the compound by car.

I think it was a good scene because it showed how embarrased Fredo was that his fear and resentment of Micheal was obvious.
Yes, it was an excellent scene. So were all of them. One of the things I like about the Fredo/Deanna scene is that Fredo pulls up in a '55 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing coupe, a magnificent car in its day, and one of the most valuable collectables now. Fredo must have been doing very well for himself in the "Mickey Mouse nightclub" business! lol

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25273
07/07/02 07:49 AM
07/07/02 07:49 AM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
Very true Turnbull.

How did Fredo find the time?

Maybe had he quit screwing
'cocktail waitresses, two at a time"!!!!

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25274
07/07/02 02:36 PM
07/07/02 02:36 PM
Da Bronx
BronxKing Offline
Underboss
BronxKing  Offline
Underboss
Da Bronx
The look on Don Vito's face when entering the car after asking Mike "How's your American girlfriend?" is priceless. The Genco scene not only is excellently portrayed,but sad, funny and moving. It explains the scene when Mike tells Kay that he thinks Tom will be cosiglieri. My fav is when Mike says what about Sonny/Sicily and Michael says that he didn't promise anything. Don Vito puts his arm around Mike and says smiling, "We have alot of time to talk about it".It shows real affection for Mike and explains what the theatre version only
implies-- that Don Vito was the architect of revenge on their enemies.

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25275
07/07/02 06:20 PM
07/07/02 06:20 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by BronxKing:
The look on Don Vito's face when entering the car after asking Mike "How's your American girlfriend?" is priceless.
Oho, you bet, BK! Those eyes rolling were worth an Oscar all by themselves!

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25276
07/07/02 07:17 PM
07/07/02 07:17 PM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
In one deleted scene, just before Vito and the 3 sons go to Genco's death bed, there are some classic words between Mike and Vito
that say so much.

Mike is in uniform and covered in decorations.

Vito asks 'what's with all the Christmas decorations' and Mike replies 'for bravery'

Vito: "These miracles you perform for strangers"

I think it's a great scene because you can understand why Mike thinks Vito wants him in the family business and why Mike is so resistant. It
isn't until 1954 when Mike has taken charge that
Vito reveals "that I had a whole different destiny planned for you, Senator Corleone, Governor Corleone"

Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25277
08/03/02 05:34 PM
08/03/02 05:34 PM
Miami, FL
babysinister Offline
Button
babysinister  Offline
Button
Miami, FL
Hi, Five Angels. I have the DVD collection that came out last year, but my special features DVD section doesn't include the scene with Bonasera and his wife that you mention in your post. Is it supposed to be in the 2001 DVD collection or are you referring to an earlier edition of the trilogy? I would hate to think that they left it out of my copy!!!

"Scenes like that of Genco in the hospital and Bonasera talking to his wife before meeting Vito (my personal favorite) are jewels to us now that we know they exist, but their absense obviously did not lessen the quality of the film or the telling of the story"

Sanitashun? Ah tole joo to tell dem joo was in a sanatorium. Not sanitashun.
Re: Deleted Scenes??? #25278
08/14/02 06:46 PM
08/14/02 06:46 PM
Da Bronx
BronxKing Offline
Underboss
BronxKing  Offline
Underboss
Da Bronx
No. The Bonasera scene is not in the Epic, the Trilogy nor the DVD's 5th disk. It is only on the TV version Saga or maybe another TV production.

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull