GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 648 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,959
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,666
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,801
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Season 1: First Viewing + Reflections #220453
09/26/06 08:04 AM
09/26/06 08:04 AM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline OP
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline OP
Underboss
ATL
Having never seen the show before, I was completely blown away by the first season. The cast is excellent and the way the story is told between visits with Tony's therapist is unique. And I love the theme song.

Favorite episode(s):
The episode that moved me the most this season was "The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti". Christopher's struggle to feel like he was apart of something was something I felt I understood. I love the "Goodfellas" reference with the shooting of the baker's foot, and then Christopher's line, "It happens..." . I also love the closing of the episode, with Cake's "Frank Sinatra" playing as Christopher buys the paper with his name in it.
"College" was also another favorite of mine from this season. We got to see both sides of Tony; the killer and the father. I love the shot after he gets done killing the guy in witness protection, with the ducks flying over head, in the stillness of the morning.
And the final three episodes of the season, "Nobody Knows Anything", "Isabella", and "I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano" were an amazing build up to the satisfying conclusion of season one.

Favorite Character:
Aside from Tony, Christopher is my favorite character. I've always liked Michael Imperioli, and I really think he does a great job here. I look forward to seeing how his character develops in future seasons.

Least Favorite Character (tie):
Mikey Palmice ~ Uncle Junior's slimeball trigger man. He was such a sociopath and I was so happy to see Christopher and Paulie put all those bullets in his body in the middle of the forest. "You shot my friend Brendan in the bathtub and didn't even give him a chance to run!" Great scene.
Livia Soprano ~ The way she always acted helpless really pissed me off. And then how she set Tony up by revealing his secrets to those close to him. Then of course there is the scene in the last episode of the season, where she is being taken away on a stretcher, smiling at Tony, who knows what she did. From what I understand, the actress who plays her died in 2000, so I'm interested to see where the show goes from there.

All in all, a satisfying experience. I look forward to seeing Season Two.

How am I not myself?
Re: Season 1: First Viewing + Reflections #220454
09/26/06 08:27 AM
09/26/06 08:27 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

You'll soon get tierd of the theme tune..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Season 1: First Viewing + Reflections #220455
09/26/06 01:52 PM
09/26/06 01:52 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I don't think any other hit in the show feels so satisfying as the Mikey Palmice one. (Please, all, for the benefit of Omar, don't even bother giving other suggestions post-season one.) I think you'll like the show as it develops. Many think it's dwindled in the past few years, but it's become aesthetically richer, psychologically deeper and more intricately-written. Less of a series than a character study.

Enjoy season two. Watch it as soon as you can; I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

A suggestion, too, which Turnbull, if he was reading this, would agree with: watch Mean Streets just before you begin season two, since David Proval, who plays gentle Tony in that film, features heavily in the show.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Season 1: First Viewing + Reflections #220456
09/26/06 04:35 PM
09/26/06 04:35 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline OP
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline OP
Underboss
ATL
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

A suggestion, too, which Turnbull, if he was reading this, would agree with: watch Mean Streets just before you begin season two, since David Proval, who plays gentle Tony in that film, features heavily in the show.
Will do.

How am I not myself?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull