GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 326 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,582
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sopranos Back To Basics? #217517
02/21/05 10:40 AM
02/21/05 10:40 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I really hope that this season The Sopranos get back to the basic mob stories! The "soap opera" storylines have gotten a bit too much the past two seasons. Unbelievable that we still have to wait another year for the show!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Sopranos Back To Basics? #217518
02/21/05 01:45 PM
02/21/05 01:45 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
DC - Yeah, I'm hopeing it's more like Season II in that respect. Too much of Tony and Carmella fighting, getting back together, etc. lately. I've got good hopes for Season VI. I think it's going to have a lot of the soap opera stuff, but if it's truly the last season then we're going to get more of the basic mob story that I think we all want.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Sopranos Back To Basics? #217519
02/21/05 04:42 PM
02/21/05 04:42 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
All through season four and five people complained about what they thoguht unnecessary storylines involving AJ, Carmela, Janice and Meadow etc.

More of it, I say (or at least don't cut it down); it can get tedious trying to keep up with which union is bringing in bad vibes each episode.

I think season five got just the right balance between family and Family, which is why I enjoyed it so much. Perhaps because Tony Blundetto acted both as a family connection and a major plot pivot regarding New York/New Jersey.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Sopranos Back To Basics? #217520
02/21/05 07:05 PM
02/21/05 07:05 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
I guess I can't really judge as I haven't scene Season V yet. I'm one of those unfortunate souls who cannot afford HBO and has to wait for the DVD release.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Sopranos Back To Basics? #217521
02/22/05 05:53 PM
02/22/05 05:53 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
I really do not think this will be the last season. HBO has nothing left since the end of Sex and the City left the air. The people at HBO will throw a shit load of money at the cast and David Chase to stay on for at least 1 more season after season 6. And I to hope we get back to the mob basics and cut out this boreing soap opera crap.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Sopranos Back To Basics? #217522
02/24/05 03:35 PM
02/24/05 03:35 PM
micky2guns the barber Offline
Wiseguy
micky2guns the barber  Offline
Wiseguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
I really do not think this will be the last season. HBO has nothing left since the end of Sex and the City left the air. The people at HBO will throw a shit load of money at the cast and David Chase to stay on for at least 1 more season after season 6. And I to hope we get back to the mob basics and cut out this boreing soap opera crap.
Yinz are the hits and tits club i hear so much about. I think it's good that the writers don't listen to us the fans on what should happen. Yes the Soprano's are mafia, but it's not what the story is about. What we are watching when we watch the Soprano's is the story of a man who lives in the United States and has a family to support, oh and by the way he is also a the don of a Criminal Organization. The Soprano's is not about the mafia. More than anything it's about a man reaching the Middle of his life, and how he deals with everything going on. As per the comment about HBO keeping the show going, i really hope it's wrong. I mean I know they lost Sex and the city and i hear 6 feet under will be done soon as well. but they still have Deadwood, and Carnivele, and a new series about ancient rome. After season 6 they won't need Soprano's, and I think the story might be comprimised if they continue it anyways. i honestly don't think there is going to be an END either. We came into Tony S's life at the time his panic Attacks became un controlable, and I think we will leave the story of his life as non chalantly as we entered it

"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull