GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 222 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,418
Posts1,060,588
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213596
05/14/03 07:54 PM
05/14/03 07:54 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
^^^^^6"Who stepped up to RUN Junior's crew?"

"Philly Parisi"

Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213597
05/15/03 04:18 AM
05/15/03 04:18 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
It was Gigi Cestone who killed Philly Parisi. Just a slight correction.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213598
05/15/03 05:58 PM
05/15/03 05:58 PM
Iowa
Don Mataya Offline
Underboss
Don Mataya  Offline
Underboss
Iowa
Knocc out, the family was in disarray. I think Tony figured he was the acting boss now, and Philly Parisi probably had the responsibilites of a capo.

I buy you out. You don't buy me out.
Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213599
05/18/03 10:32 PM
05/18/03 10:32 PM
New Jersey
TonyZarelli Offline OP
Button
TonyZarelli  Offline OP
Button
New Jersey
I was just under the impression that Philly Parisi was the new acting boss over Tony because he said he was running things and was part of Tony's slaughter of Uncle Junior's crew (Mickey Palmice, Chucky Signore, and almost Junior as season one ended). I think the fact he was spreading rumors was the last straw for Tony's decision to kill him.

And thanks for giving me Gigi's last name. The ending credits went by so fast it was hard to remember it.

Episode 15: "Do Not Resuscitate"

Crime Family plot-
Tony Soprano visits Corrado "Junior" Soprano in jail, taunting that there have been so many accidents to people close to Junior. Tony wants to talk to Bobby "Bacala" Baccalierie about a lingering revenue that Junior owns, Massarone Constructions. The problem they're facing is blacks who are being led by Revrend James Jr. are picketing for jobs around the construction site, full of all white mob-types. We now see the "callizone with legs" meet the Soprano crew.
Uncle Junior is getting out of jail for medical reasons, but has to be under house arrest and wear an electronic bracelet in case he's a flight risk. Tony meets Revrend James Sr. while looking for Revrend James Jr. and has a nice chat. Now that Uncle Junior is out on medical reasons, he's using his doctor's office to meet people due to the doctor/patient privilege. Tony agrees to send his guys to Massarone Construction to break up the picketers and pay off Rev. James Jr. But he also finds out that Freddy Capuano, head of Green Grove nursing facility, was the one spreading the rumors of Tony wanting to suffocate his mother with a pillow. Next thing you know, Freddy's gone. After the shakeup, Rev. James Jr. gets payed off at the funeral for Rev. James Sr.
Skip Lipari of the FBI picks up Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bompensiero from the hospital, and we learn that Pussy's been an informant since 1998, but is feeding them bullshit.

Family Plot-
Tony's upset about his siter Janice's plot to buy their mother Livia's house. Livia is too. Tony is starting to warm up to his mother after Junior tells hims he had nothing to do with setting up Tony's hit. But now Janice is complaing about her. But at least Janice has Meadow, who drives Janice to buy some pot (She gets her license in this episode). Janice sneakily gets some tips from Meadow about what Livia likes, and next thing you know, Livia is waking up to Pavoratti on Janice's behalf. Janice seems to be winning Livia over. And Tony, too, who have a nice time after dinner when Tony takes Livia's house off the market. But it's then Livia figures out Janice's snake in the grass plans and fights with her again, making Janice get a DNR for Livia. But Anthony Jr. hears this and tells Livia. Now Livia knows Janice wants her house and her money, and begs her daughter in law Carmela to give her money to the kids and watch out for Janice, but Carmela hangs up.
The episode ends when Uncle Jr. falls in the shower, and is carried away by Tony with Bobby Bacala to the hopspital.

Synopsis-
In A Guy Walks Into A Psychiatrist's Office, my new favorite character was introduced, and that was Janice. Do Not Resuscitate introduces another one of my favorites, Bobby Bacala. Although the whole union plot didn't have much to do with anything in the long run, it was a good introduction for the "calazone with legs".
Favorite Scene-
Uncle Junior falling in the shower and having Tony carry him to the car.

Best Quotes:
"Thank you, Il Duce" -Meadow Soprano, making fun of Tony Soprano's rules.

"'Fat fuck'. Why don't you look in the mirror sometime, you insensitive cocksucker?!" -Bobby Baccalierie, after Tony makes fun of Bobby's weight.

"Now we look like jerk offs!" -Matt Bevilaqua with Sean Gismonte, after they try to greet Tony who drives away because he's not supposed to be seen.

Hit List-
Fredrick Capuano
who killed him: Soprano crew
how: unknown. he's MIA.
why: He spread rumors about Tony wanting to suffocate his mother.

Natural Causes-
Revrend James Sr.

Kill Count: 16

Grade: B+

l'amante di violenza.

Cubano y Italiano.

My favorite band es the Beatles
My favorite musicain es Nas
I like a lot of music...
Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213600
06/04/03 10:40 PM
06/04/03 10:40 PM
New Jersey
TonyZarelli Offline OP
Button
TonyZarelli  Offline OP
Button
New Jersey
Episode 17: "Toodle-Fucking-Oo"

Crime Family Plot-
Richie Aprile, brother of late Soprano Family boss Jackie Aprile, finishes his 10 year sentence in prison and returns to the streets of New Jersey. His first order of business is to re-extortion his revenues, the first of which being a pizza place owned by Beansie, a friend of acting boss Tony Soprano. Beansie resists, and is rightfuly beaten...I think. Next up on his things to do, see Tony Soprano to re-position himself in the Soprano Crime Family. Richie can't talk at the gangster hangout pork shop due to Federal investigation, so they meet in a crowded mall. Tony tells Richie to back off of Beansie and take it slow when it comes to getting his operations back up, but Richie snarls "What's mine is not yours to give me". Next on Richie's to-do list: suck up to Corrado Soprano Jr, "Uncle Junior". Some brown nosing to Junior at his doctor's office, and it's a job well done.
Now Richie's got a welcome back party at Silvio Dante (Tony's right hand man)'s topless club. His loansharking is back on its feet, but Beansie is a no-show. Richie takes care of it in his own little way- by shooting him and running him over (several times). Tony visits Beansie, who may never walk aagin, at the hospital. Beans's sister angrily asks Ton' "You gonna let that animal get away with this?!". Tony talks to Richie in the mall again, this time angry. Richie is now on Tony's bad side.

Family Plot-
After getting tipped off of a party with narcotics at Grandma Livia Soprano's place by the police, Tony arrives at the scene and picks up his daughter Meadow and her best friend Hunter, both seemingly drunk. The place is trashed with puke and spilled alchohal and is the scene of some kids buying and taking exstacy. Meadow is sent to bed so Tony and his wife Carmela can discuss consquences, which proves difficult. The next morning, Meadow suggests her own punishment, much to the delight of her stumped parents who hop on her idea of them taking away for two weeks, which they bump up to three.
Janice, Tony's sister, whom at first felt bad for Meadow and didn't feel the need for Tony and Carm to punish, then sees the wrecked house of Livia. Her pissed-off response pushes the buttons of Carmela, who ends up shouting "Mind your fucking business, keep your mouth shut when it comes to my kids!". Janice suggests leaving. But that night, the ladies kiss and make up, and Janice is staying. And it's obvious that Meadow took advantage of her parents when coming up with a minimal punishment. But Janice sees right through Meadow, and Med ends up on hands and knees scrubbing puke off Livia's floor.

Janice Subplot-
Who woulda known Richie used be Janice's crush? The two had spent their time as lovers in their teens, and now they have a healthy relationship (literally, because they spot eachother in a yoga class). Could it be an old spark erupting, or Richie getting everyone on his side against Tony? Next thing you know, Richie's giving flowers to Livia in the hospital and drinking coffee with Janice in the food court. Discussing their relationship, Janice says that they weren't right for each other years ago, and asks why would they be now? He replies that he's changed, and proves it when he says "Did you ever think you'd see Richie Aprile doing a 'Downward-Facing Dog' (a yoga position)".

Dr. Melfi subplot-
Dr. Jennifer Melfi, at a resturant sipping a lot of wine with her gal pals, one of which just happens to be one of Tony's mobster friend's friend, runs in to Tony. Their current relationship is awkward- Melfi always insisted on Tony showing up for psychiatry when Tony didn't want to, and now Tony does, and she won't take him back (he made her go hiding from Junior's crew). Now unexpectly bumping in to Tony, a loose-as-a-goose Melfi girlishly blurts out "Toodle-oo" as her goodbye to Tony. And that's the first thing she says to HER psychiatrist, and she's embarrased as hell. That night, Melfi's got Tony in her dreams. He's having a panic attack on the road, and he's out of prozac. The Wizard of Oz song "Out of the Woods" starts playing and Tony passes out, putting his SUV in the headlights of a Mack truck. Melfi, in her dream, drives by the scene of the car crash, where Tony is sprawled out in a bloody mess. Then she suddenly awakes from the dream and jots it down like notes for a high school test. I see more therapy in mind for Dr. Melfi.

Coming tomorrow:
The Critique and the Memorable Moments.
Coming Friday:
The best quotes and the hit list.

Grade: A-

l'amante di violenza.

Cubano y Italiano.

My favorite band es the Beatles
My favorite musicain es Nas
I like a lot of music...
Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213601
06/19/03 12:27 PM
06/19/03 12:27 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
Not bothering with this no more? you should do i was enjoying reading them

Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213602
07/05/03 12:53 PM
07/05/03 12:53 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
Up

Re: Reviewing Every Episode #213603
07/05/03 04:31 PM
07/05/03 04:31 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Knocc Out:
Up
It's your turn in the dialogue game also, mate!

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull