GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Mafia101, Giacomo, 1 invisible), 221 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,343
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,415
Posts1,060,540
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211274
09/22/02 10:19 PM
09/22/02 10:19 PM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
whatd everybody think of the new episode? Looks like Tony wont be fuckin' the FBI chic after all. I feel real bad for Adriana though, now that theyve got her who knows whats gonna happen between her and Chris, this just leads us to beleive one of them is dead meat sooner or later. and hey whats the deal with Silvio, Chris, and that other guy (whats his name?) that chris got angry with at the construction site, I missed why Chris was mad and what go ahead did Silivio give against Tony's orders? Somebody clue me in please so I dont get lost lol. And feel free to post anything else related to the episode. All in all the episode was aewsome, and the season is gonna be GREAT! .

"Murders came with smiles, shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas..."
Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211275
09/22/02 10:29 PM
09/22/02 10:29 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by Goodfella 69:
whatd everybody think of the new episode? Looks like Tony wont be fuckin' the FBI chic after all. I feel real bad for Adriana though, now that theyve got her who knows whats gonna happen between her and Chris, this just leads us to beleive one of them is dead meat sooner or later. and hey whats the deal with Silvio, Chris, and that other guy (whats his name?) that chris got angry with at the construction site, I missed why Chris was mad and what go ahead did Silivio give against Tony's orders? Somebody clue me in please so I dont get lost lol. And feel free to post anything else related to the episode. All in all the episode was aewsome, and the season is gonna be GREAT! .
I just posted my opinion under the "Season 4 Discussion" thread, Goodfella...but hey, here, there, wherever, don't matter to me! Anyways, the construction thing: Chris had earlier asked Patsy (the fellow you mentioned) about those big spools of fiber-optics at the construction site, and Patsy told him they were worth mega $$$. So, Christopher lifted 'em. Tony got mad, rightfully pointing out that such low-ball antics were foolish to do when they stood to make millions in the long run with the union rackets. Christopher (now acting capo for Paulie) specifically tells Patsy not to do it again. Patsy grumbles, goes to Silvio to complain, who says to go ahead and steal, that he's got Patsy's back. Tony finds out, reams Christopher a new anus. Christopher then goes to Patsy and reads him the riot act. Patsy flies off, too, saying Silvio gave him the okay. But as Christopher said, "You don't answer to Silvio..you work for me!" This oughta' be interesting. I'm looking for Patsy to eventually get whacked.
Yeah, I was expecting Danielle to be undercover the whole season. I suppose it's possible Adriana might get scared and keep her secret, but I hope not. I loved Adriana's reaction! Straight out of The Exorcist!
I thought it was a great episode. Looks like we're in for another wild ride this season!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211276
09/22/02 10:41 PM
09/22/02 10:41 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How about Adrianna vomitting all over the feebee's table!..heheheh I don't know if Patsy is going to get whacked but it is definitely a possibility..If you saw the episode 3 preview it looks like trouble's a brewin between Johnny Sacramoni and Ralphie C. (I don't think the N.Y. man in charge would take too kindly to a certain joke about his uh..portly wife..) Guess we're just gonna have to wait and see what happens....

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211277
09/22/02 11:13 PM
09/22/02 11:13 PM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
This episode was great. It was so much better than last week's episode, especially since we got a nice little peek at Meadow before she went to the pool with her friend Misty.

I don't understand where Carm's sudden infatuation with Furio came from. Nothing about it was mentioned in season 2 or 3. I think that Christopher was showing his good instincts when he said that there was something wrong about Danielle. She looks way hotter as a Jersey girl, by the way.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211278
09/22/02 11:28 PM
09/22/02 11:28 PM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
she looks ugly as fuck when shes in FBI uniform lol. BTW I started watching Sopranos during like the middle of season 2 or 3 and Ive watched alotta lotta episodes out of order, so can somebody tell me where the real fat guy Vito came into play and how hes connected, and what he serves as, and the same thing for patsy, is he new?

"Murders came with smiles, shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas..."
Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211279
09/22/02 11:58 PM
09/22/02 11:58 PM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
According to the Sopranos book by Allen Rucker, Vito Spatafore is a "soldier" in the Aprile Crew, which was formerly headed by Jackie Aprile Sr. and later by his brother Richie Aprile. This is the crew that Ralphie is now the capo of.

Patsy Parisi is listed as a "soldier" in the Tony Soprano crew, underneath the capo (Paulie) and equal to the Pussy, Gigi Cestone, and Furio Giunta.

I guess in this book, a soldier is a made member.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211280
09/23/02 12:01 AM
09/23/02 12:01 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'm kind of shocked that Silvio went against Tony (allowing Patsy Parisi to steal the floor tile).

The biggest laugh of the night came from Adrianna barfing on the table

Guys, if you're gonna open a topic discussing a new episode of the show please note that *** SPOILER MATERIAL *** is within. Many of our members are in different time zones/countries, or they may not have cable access (ie. HBO), and they may want to skip such a discussion.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211281
09/23/02 12:03 AM
09/23/02 12:03 AM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
First Paulie starts to rebel, now Silvio.

I think this may be David Chase's way of taking some some of hte luster and romance off. These guys are mobsters-thieves and killers. Having Paulie and Silvio act this way could be his way of saying "Hey, these guys are not good loyal guys who are just a little twisted. They are selfish pricks who will do anything for money".

What was the deal with Silvio giving Tony the money? I thought he told Tony that he didn't give the OK for Patsi to steal? I got the impression from the cash that Silvio was covering the costs for the steal.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211282
09/23/02 12:48 AM
09/23/02 12:48 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
. I think that Christopher was showing his good instincts when he said that there was something wrong about Danielle. She looks way hotter as a Jersey girl, by the way.
Anyone else notice that the person playing Danielle isn't the same girl that played her last season?
At least I'm 99% sure it isn't the same person.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211283
09/23/02 08:07 AM
09/23/02 08:07 AM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
yea your right she isnt the same actress, I found that out recently in The Sopranos TV Guide Companion. I didnt even notice it, maybe I just didnt see the episode(s) where the first actress appeared? I only remember the FBI agent and Adrianna meeting, and when they met Im sure it was the girl whos playing her now.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211284
09/23/02 09:09 AM
09/23/02 09:09 AM
NJ
smr-nj Offline
Wiseguy
smr-nj  Offline
Wiseguy
NJ
I thought I remembered Tony making a comment somewhere along the line about someone "sticking up for Patsy, when last year you wanted to kill him"....... but maybe that was about Ralphie?

Anyway, sounds like Patsy's being set up. I think he gets whacked pretty soon.

What did you guys think of Linda Lavin's psychiatrist character (for Meadow).
I thought she was skeevy... there's NO way I trust her to keep her mouth shut about the "mob connections" the way Dr. Malfi does.

Interesting that in the end, Meadow is signing up for classes, (even after the affirmation by the shrink that "she can do what she wants", etc.) thereby acquiesing to her parents wishes (or Dad's wishes?).... but Tony and Carmela don't even know where she is or what she's doing.

I don't have a clue right now what Adriana's going to do. I can't see her having the cool or the smarts to be able to lead a double life and act as an informant. She wears her emotions right up front... can't see her being that duplicitious, can you?

Anyway, episode two ROCKED !
Madon! This is more like it....

- Sue

Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always, always cheat.
Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211285
09/23/02 09:52 AM
09/23/02 09:52 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by smr-nj:
Interesting that in the end, Meadow is signing up for classes, (even after the affirmation by the shrink that "she can do what she wants", etc.) thereby acquiesing to her parents wishes (or Dad's wishes?)
Good point. For awhile when Tony was talking to Meadow about Jackie, Jr. I thought Meadow was gonna break down and cry, "Oh, Daddy" and fall into Tony's arms (she really DOES love him).

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211286
09/23/02 09:54 AM
09/23/02 09:54 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
Last nights episode was fantastic and traditional Sopranos. Adrianna in the can. Silvio going behind Tony's back. I see a rift developing here that can lead to Tony's demise.

Paul

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211287
09/23/02 11:32 AM
09/23/02 11:32 AM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
With Ralphie hearing Tony tell Janice that he dragged Richie out in a hefty bag, does that mean he either starts using that against Tony or high tails it away from Janice?

Maybe Adrianna is pregnant?

The scene with Tony and Meadow when they were talking about Jackie Jr. was one of the best in teh show's run. I'd like to get a transcript of that scene.

Furio.... don't do it. We love you on the show.

Meadow should go to Europe and visit the topless beaches... and we should see it.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211288
09/23/02 11:41 AM
09/23/02 11:41 AM
NJ
smr-nj Offline
Wiseguy
smr-nj  Offline
Wiseguy
NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Oblong:
With Ralphie hearing Tony tell Janice that he dragged Richie out in a hefty bag, does that mean he either starts using that against Tony or high tails it away from Janice?

The scene with Tony and Meadow when they were talking about Jackie Jr. was one of the best in teh show's run. I'd like to get a transcript of that scene.

Meadow should go to Europe and visit the topless beaches... and we should see it.
1. Great point, Oblong, about Ralphie hearing what happened to Richie... Will it scare Ralphie or will he use it? How can he use it? With other bosses?? Interesting. I hadn't thought of the ramifications of his overhearing that conversation.

2. I thought the same thing about Adriana's puking and the possibility that she's pregnant.

3. That scene w/Tony and Meadow was outstanding. YOu could just feel Meadow using every restraint she had to keep herself from running into Tony's arms, couldn't you? And Tony talking about Jackie Jr., he was so conflicted. A really excellent scene!

4. Can Furio resist Carmela if she presses the point? (... figuratively and literally - presses the point... )

5. :rolleyes: You're soooo predictable, Rob. ha.

-Sue

(absolutely digging this season's Sopranos and finding this MB. Thanks again, Oblong, for pointing me here.)

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211289
09/23/02 11:43 AM
09/23/02 11:43 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Quote:

Hi,
IMHO Ralphie has bigger worries once Johnny Sac finds out what was said abot Ginny. Adrianna was scared out of her mind at the thought of what can happen to her and Chris as a result of the Daniella fiasco. Silvio is up to something.

Paul

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211290
09/23/02 01:15 PM
09/23/02 01:15 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Wasn't that comment about Janice's boyfriend dragged out in hefty bag in another scene? I don't think Ralphie was there when that was said. I taped it and will double check, but I am pretty sure they are two different scenes.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211291
09/23/02 01:28 PM
09/23/02 01:28 PM
NJ
smr-nj Offline
Wiseguy
smr-nj  Offline
Wiseguy
NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Wasn't that comment about Janice's boyfriend dragged out in hefty bag in another scene? I don't think Ralphie was there when that was said. I taped it and will double check, but I am pretty sure they are two different scenes.

TIS
Tis - Ralphie was upstairs at Janice's, and they show him with the door open, listening to what Janice and Tony were arguing about (when Tony found Ralphie's shoe).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ralphie heard all the details.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211292
09/23/02 01:48 PM
09/23/02 01:48 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
Quote:

That would be awesome if meadow would go to a topless beach. That would be the highlight of my year!

Leonard: I dont know. See, I have this condition.
Teddy: Well, I hope its not as serious as his, 'cos this guy's dead.
Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211293
09/23/02 02:00 PM
09/23/02 02:00 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Well, it's apparent that Tony's crew are a little dissatisfied with his leadership, for different reasons.
Paulie and he had a problem over money and what Paulie perceived as lack of respect by Tony (which we saw in the end of Season Three). Now, Paulie's in the can and it seems like Tony doesn't want to deal with him, which is furthering the festering in Paulie.
Christopher, it's now obvious, is a fuckup, drugs or no. Yet it seems as if Tony doesn't see this, and is making Chris his heir apparent. Chris, who is already an impulsive brat, is now developing an unhealthy case of megalomania.
Silvio's actions are surprising, since he's always been Tony's stalwart right-hand man. But it looks like he is not too pleased with Tony, either. There are a lot of possible reasons. Silvio may be unhappy with the way Tony is treating Paulie (as if Paulie doesn't exist). He doesn't agree at all with Tony making Chris acting capo of Paulie's crew, that's for sure. And as the consigliere, Silvio is closer to Tony than anyone in the organization. He might know that Tony is hoarding money.
Silvio looked like he was trying to make Chris look bad by OKing Patsy Parisi's theft of the tile, purposely setting up the situation that would need only the volatile personalities involved to explode.
No matter how you look at it, things aren't going well for Tony Soprano.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211294
09/23/02 11:05 PM
09/23/02 11:05 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by smr-nj:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b]Wasn't that comment about Janice's boyfriend dragged out in hefty bag in another scene? I don't think Ralphie was there when that was said. I taped it and will double check, but I am pretty sure they are two different scenes.

TIS
Tis - Ralphie was upstairs at Janice's, and they show him with the door open, listening to what Janice and Tony were arguing about (when Tony found Ralphie's shoe).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ralphie heard all the details. [/b][/quote]No, I saw it again tonight. That conversation actually took place when Janice was over at Tony's...just the 2 of them (thank God!).

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211295
09/23/02 11:23 PM
09/23/02 11:23 PM
California

California
It would have been dumb of Tony to make that comment, after finding the shoe anyway. Thanks for clearing that up Snake...but I still am going to see it again. It's my pattern!! Can't see each episode just once. Twice is better!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211296
09/23/02 11:24 PM
09/23/02 11:24 PM
Richmond, VA
Hyman Roth Offline
Wiseguy
Hyman Roth  Offline
Wiseguy
Richmond, VA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
Christopher, it's now obvious, is a fuckup, drugs or no. Yet it seems as if Tony doesn't see this, and is making Chris his heir apparent. Chris, who is already an impulsive brat, is now developing an unhealthy case of megalomania.

This is so parallel to what Tony was doing with Jackie Jr. last season. He tried to guide him, take him under his wing. Yet all he did was betray him time after time. The same is going to happen to Chris. It's Tony's #1 character flaw, he's too trusting of the wrong people.

Even if Chase has decided that this is the last season (the way things are going, it could be), Chris and Adrianna will be dead by the end.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211297
09/23/02 11:33 PM
09/23/02 11:33 PM
California

California
So does anyone have a theory as to why Silvio gave Tony the money for the tile??? Is Tony maybe holding Silvio responsible? But it seems like Silvio's turning on Tony! Or trying to get Chris whacked????? Don't know...just guessing.

TIS

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211298
09/24/02 07:45 AM
09/24/02 07:45 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
The tiles had already been lifted and fenced, so Tony knew the deal was over and done with. I guess he figured he may as well get his beak wet. But as to what's up with Silvio, I honestly don't know. It seemed he was miffed at Patsy's getting passed over as acting capo for Christopher: "It's the way certain people wanted it," he said at the meeting, like it wasn't what he wanted...plus he was an icicle to Chris afterward. But why he did such a foolish thing with Patsy ("I got your back"), I don't know, unless it was a little revenge thing against Tony. When you watch it again, TIS, note Silvio's cold, dead expression as Tony talks to him about it in Tony's basement. It's like he's so apathetic. I wondered, too, if Silvio "got wired" after his arrest in season 3. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head?!?

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211299
09/24/02 07:51 AM
09/24/02 07:51 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by Hyman Roth:
This is so parallel to what Tony was doing with Jackie Jr. last season. He tried to guide him, take him under his wing. Yet all he did was betray him time after time. The same is going to happen to Chris. It's Tony's #1 character flaw, he's too trusting of the wrong people. Even if Chase has decided that this is the last season (the way things are going, it could be), Chris and Adrianna will be dead by the end.
Good observation, Mr. Roth. I was thinking about how many parallels there indeed are: Season 1 had Christopher and Brandon trying to "move up fast" and it cost Brandon his life (and Christopher a pair of clean underwear ); season 2 had Matt and Sean doing the same thing; and season 3 had Jackie, Jr. It's like a common thread in every season, and I'm not sure why Chase has this familiar cycle (unless it's to teach some mob-philosophy doctrine). Anyway, I hope you're wrong about Christopher and Adriana. I'd really hate that. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a season 5, though (in fact, it seems I heard they're shooting it now or getting ready to).

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211300
09/24/02 08:18 AM
09/24/02 08:18 AM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
Tony didn't want Jackie Jr. in "the life". He wanted him to finish school.

The money makes sense now. I was confused at first but it looks like Tony is taking it all for himself. They disobeyed his order so they won't profit from it.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211301
09/24/02 08:37 AM
09/24/02 08:37 AM
NJ
smr-nj Offline
Wiseguy
smr-nj  Offline
Wiseguy
NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
It would have been dumb of Tony to make that comment, after finding the shoe anyway. Thanks for clearing that up Snake...but I still am going to see it again. It's my pattern!! Can't see each episode just once. Twice is better!!!

TIS
That's so true... it really wouldn't have been wise to talk about Janice's former boyfriend after finding the shoe.
I have no idea why in my mind those two conversations MELDED into one.... but thanks to Snake for "reviewing" the tape.

Now that you said it, I can picture the conversation with Janice sitting at Tony's breakfast counter.

Wow.
I must be going senile , or something.

Just goes to show..... I'd have to be the world's worst "eye-witness". I can't remember shit from one minute to the next. lol.

-Sue

(..thanking TIS and Snake for returning me to the straight and narrow. )

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211302
09/24/02 09:56 AM
09/24/02 09:56 AM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
I thought it was during the visit to her house as well.

I don't think anything will happen to Ralphie. He's a cannonball but looks like he's a good capo, in terms of bringing in money.

Re: Season 4 Episode 2 Discussion #211303
09/24/02 10:07 AM
09/24/02 10:07 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
There was a scene in one of the promos where Tony is saying, "You are the only one that knows about it." I am wondering if it is the location of Richie's body. It looked like Tony was going into a toolshed or something. Adrianna's days are numbered. That is why she should have never gotten involved with Daniella in the first place. In Goodfellas no outsiders were allowed into the group for this very reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull