GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Liggio, Kangaroo Don), 682 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,830
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Idea for fourth Godfather #209659
12/10/05 10:12 PM
12/10/05 10:12 PM
Toni_corleone Offline OP
War-time Consigliere
Toni_corleone  Offline OP
War-time Consigliere
Capo
One year after the death of Mary Vincent Corleone finds the son of the guy who killed Mary and haves him killed but then it turns out he had gotten involved in the mafia as a capo and then it causes a war between the Ny families and the families in Sicily.

meanwhile Michael who hasn't died yet since Michael didn't die till years later is caught up between the war and his ex-wife because Michael lives in Sicily he leans towards them but at the same time he thinks Vincent was right on killing the man.

Tony gets married and somehow gets involved in the war himself after giving up his music dreams feeling it was cursed since his sister died on the night of the opera he was in he sides with Vincent and is later killed leaving his Wife alone getting ready to have a baby a baby boy.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
http://s3.invisionfree.com/This_Thing_of_Ours_2/
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209660
12/10/05 11:05 PM
12/10/05 11:05 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Goes from being a low life son of an assasin who does the stupid donkey thing to Capo in less than one year is a bit...extreme.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209661
12/10/05 11:08 PM
12/10/05 11:08 PM
Toni_corleone Offline OP
War-time Consigliere
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Goes from being a low life son of an assasin who does the stupid donkey thing to Capo in less than one year is a bit...extreme.
yeah but think about it you don't know much about it he could have had friends important friends.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209662
12/10/05 11:10 PM
12/10/05 11:10 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Yeah, but just to get made takes as much as a decade or more.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209663
12/10/05 11:20 PM
12/10/05 11:20 PM
Toni_corleone Offline OP
War-time Consigliere
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Yeah, but just to get made takes as much as a decade or more.
ok then lets say he was married to a woman whos father was The Godfather in Sicily so then when he died his daughter went to her father about what happend so he went to war with the NY families.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209664
12/13/05 02:41 PM
12/13/05 02:41 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
I think a Part IV has to be more complex than this.

Having Vincent consumed by Mary's death -- and vowing to wipe out everyone involved with Mosca -- his family, friends, etc... is a good idea and it could be compared to Michael's downfall in Part II.

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209665
12/13/05 02:48 PM
12/13/05 02:48 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:

Tony gets married and somehow gets involved in the war himself after giving up his music dreams feeling it was cursed since his sister died on the night of the opera he was in he sides with Vincent and is later killed leaving his Wife alone getting ready to have a baby a baby boy.
Good to a point, but Tony was gay.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209666
12/14/05 12:39 AM
12/14/05 12:39 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
Hey, maybe Winegardener could write it then!

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209667
12/14/05 07:20 PM
12/14/05 07:20 PM
Toni_corleone Offline OP
War-time Consigliere
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
[quote]Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
[b]
Good to a point, but Tony was gay. [/b][/quote]Hey I think if Tony was gay they would have said it in the movie I wouldn't be surpirsed if he was but he wasn't

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209668
12/15/05 11:45 PM
12/15/05 11:45 PM
pgh., pa
Guiseppe Petri Offline
. 45 caliber
Guiseppe Petri  Offline
. 45 caliber
Made Member
pgh., pa
they should do a prequel to I and II that would include how the family got its start that would include younger actors playing vito, tessio, clemenza, etc. and how they moved the family through the years to plug in info..

Guiseppe Petri
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209669
03/18/06 12:08 AM
03/18/06 12:08 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
I always thought the natural Part 3 would have been for Sollozzo's children to come after Michael.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209670
03/18/06 12:58 PM
03/18/06 12:58 PM
Corleone, Sicily
Dominic Corleone Offline
Button
Dominic Corleone  Offline
Button
Corleone, Sicily
Mario Puzo mentions in the special features of the DVD Collection that he would like to have seen another movie made about Vito's rise to power and the role of Sonny in this. You see a little bit of his coming to power in Part II, but if it could be done with the right actors and directing, I would like to see a movie with more detail about this part of vito's life.

I THINK:;::

yeah that would be great like vito getting shot in the chest by the irish gang and luca brasi killing them all and the war with salvatore maranzano - the two capone soldiers sent to help maranzano, but getting picked up at the airport and one watching the other get hacked up. then the war with that other family after vito is shot and santino shows his ability with city warfare 1935-1937. a young napoleon they called in the book. then watching tessio in 1933 with 4 men kill maranzano in a restaurant. that would be great..

who would play vito - deniro is to old.
who would play luca brasi - real actor is dead - maybe tony longo
who would play sonny - i think Scott caan

All right, you are what you are. It’s your nature. You stay close to me. You don’t do anything. You keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open. And you do what I tell you. Understand?
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209671
03/18/06 11:11 PM
03/18/06 11:11 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dominic Corleone:

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209672
03/18/06 11:15 PM
03/18/06 11:15 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by mustachepete:
[quote]Originally posted by Dominic Corleone:
[b] who would play luca brasi - real actor is dead - maybe tony longo
[/b][/quote]mustachepete is still learning to reply with quote!

In the book Luca is a small, squat, menacing man, unlike the hulking Luca in the movie. Jimmy Cagney could have played it, but I don't think he's available.

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209673
03/19/06 08:58 AM
03/19/06 08:58 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...Tony gets married and somehow gets involved in the war himself after giving up his music dreams feeling it was cursed since his sister died on the night of the opera he was in he sides with Vincent and is later killed leaving his Wife alone getting ready to have a baby a baby boy.
And I suppose that baby boy grows up and despite his mother's best efforts learns all about the 'Family Business', gets involved to avenge his father's death and that's where we begin GFV....!!!

:rolleyes:

It's over.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209674
03/20/06 05:21 PM
03/20/06 05:21 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
[b] ...Tony gets married and somehow gets involved in the war himself after giving up his music dreams feeling it was cursed since his sister died on the night of the opera he was in he sides with Vincent and is later killed leaving his Wife alone getting ready to have a baby a baby boy.
And I suppose that baby boy grows up and despite his mother's best efforts learns all about the 'Family Business', gets involved to avenge his father's death and that's where we begin GFV....!!!

:rolleyes:

It's over.

Apple [/b][/quote]:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gee, why doesnt Tony bump into a sicilian girl on the day of Mary's funeral and get struck by a thunderbolt, marry her, and watch her blow up in a car and THEN turn to the mob. How's that for originality.

YEESH! This is like trying to have Hamlet Part Two.

As for all GF4 Ideas I say

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209675
03/21/06 11:05 PM
03/21/06 11:05 PM
Toni_corleone Offline OP
War-time Consigliere
War-time Consigliere
Capo
WTF I posted this how many months ago and people are still replying I still think they should make a Part four but I have a different Idea.

Year 1990 7 years before Mikes death. Kay had killed herself shortly after Marry died. Anthonys Music job has gone down hill and hes looking for money. Vincent has stayed Don of the Corleone Family he was four Regimes one lead by a grandchild of Clemenza the other three I dunno. Mike serves as Consiglere sometimes ( although not often because that part of his life is over) another person who gives Vincent advice is his( but is not in any way consiglere) is his favorite Aunt Connie. Vincent is cold to everyone he feels no love or anything for anyone anymore. Shortly after Tony comes asking Vinny for Money Tony is put in as the headliner for many clubs they own in Vegas and New York but Tony has changed after a life in Sicily and wants a chance at something big. To try and score points with Vinny Tony kills a soldier of one of the five families but what Tony didn't know is the guy he shot was a made guy starting a war between the families and Tony doesn't help matters when he knocks up the rival Dons Daughter. With all this Happening Mike has been very sick the past few years and feels he doesn't have too much longer. Mike later finds the Son of the assain and stabs him while the man taking oranges from his farm to be sold and then Vincent sends some men to protect his uncle Mike and wipe out the rest of the mans family (all his sons, his daughter wife and anyone else whoe might seek revenge.

Also I think Vincent should have a big part in the drugs in the US.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209676
03/22/06 06:21 PM
03/22/06 06:21 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
WTF I posted this how many months ago and people are still replying I still think they should make a Part four but I have a different Idea.

Year 1990 7 years before Mikes death. Kay had killed herself shortly after Marry died. Anthonys Music job has gone down hill and hes looking for money. Vincent has stayed Don of the Corleone Family he was four Regimes one lead by a grandchild of Clemenza the other three I dunno. Mike serves as Consiglere sometimes ( although not often because that part of his life is over) another person who gives Vincent advice is his( but is not in any way consiglere) is his favorite Aunt Connie. Vincent is cold to everyone he feels no love or anything for anyone anymore. Shortly after Tony comes asking Vinny for Money Tony is put in as the headliner for many clubs they own in Vegas and New York but Tony has changed after a life in Sicily and wants a chance at something big. To try and score points with Vinny Tony kills a soldier of one of the five families but what Tony didn't know is the guy he shot was a made guy starting a war between the families and Tony doesn't help matters when he knocks up the rival Dons Daughter. With all this Happening Mike has been very sick the past few years and feels he doesn't have too much longer. Mike later finds the Son of the assain and stabs him while the man taking oranges from his farm to be sold and then Vincent sends some men to protect his uncle Mike and wipe out the rest of the mans family (all his sons, his daughter wife and anyone else whoe might seek revenge.

Also I think Vincent should have a big part in the drugs in the US.
Wow...that really sucks.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209677
03/23/06 05:39 PM
03/23/06 05:39 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Yeah, that was kinda not good.

I mean, we're talking about the Godfather, a huge movie with so many different themes, and subtleties. It's about so much more than just the mob

You on the other hand, just delivered a perfect script for "The mob and the beautiful"

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209678
03/23/06 07:38 PM
03/23/06 07:38 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
...You on the other hand, just delivered a perfect script for "The mob and the beautiful"

Good point, and further proof that the more people try to drag the story on with Part after Part after Part (and that includes with novels like GF Returns)...the cheaper and sleazier the legacy becomes.

It's over.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209679
03/23/06 10:55 PM
03/23/06 10:55 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
exgigirl Offline
Underboss
exgigirl  Offline
Underboss
Pennsylvania, USA
How about this for a story line: Al Neri married Michael's beautiful Irish-Sicilian cousin and they had a son ...............

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209680
04/12/06 11:51 AM
04/12/06 11:51 AM
New Market, MD
Underboss
Underboss
New Market, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Dominic Corleone:
Mario Puzo mentions in the special features of the DVD Collection that he would like to have seen another movie made about Vito's rise to power and the role of Sonny in this. You see a little bit of his coming to power in Part II, but if it could be done with the right actors and directing, I would like to see a movie with more detail about this part of vito's life.

I THINK:;::

yeah that would be great like vito getting shot in the chest by the irish gang and luca brasi killing them all and the war with salvatore maranzano - the two capone soldiers sent to help maranzano, but getting picked up at the airport and one watching the other get hacked up. then the war with that other family after vito is shot and santino shows his ability with city warfare 1935-1937. a young napoleon they called in the book. then watching tessio in 1933 with 4 men kill maranzano in a restaurant. that would be great..

who would play vito - deniro is to old.
who would play sonny - i think Scott caan
I think Vincent in the 80's could be juxtaposed with Sonny rising to power with Vito in the 30's -- just like Part II.

DeNiro is still OK to play Vito, IMO -- and all the other casting choices make sense too. I don't know who you have cast for Luca Brasi but I think Vin Diesel would be interesting in the role.

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209681
05/02/06 04:34 PM
05/02/06 04:34 PM
Toni_corleone Offline OP
War-time Consigliere
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Vin fucking Diesel are you kidding?

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209682
05/02/06 05:44 PM
05/02/06 05:44 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Vin fucking Diesel are you kidding?
Well, it's not like the bunch of crap you posted is any better.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209683
05/03/06 03:00 PM
05/03/06 03:00 PM
Boston
TonyWillLive Offline
Made Member
TonyWillLive  Offline
Made Member
Boston
Apple is right its over, whatever chance there was is gone with Godfather Returns coming out. If that was good enough for a movie, maybe. Not to mention these are some of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard.

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209684
05/03/06 11:08 PM
05/03/06 11:08 PM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
There are thousands of years of the mafia and tens of thousands of members/stories, the only way to do it, as some say, would be in a soap opera, that is why the GF triliogy is best left untouched, just like when they should have kept X-Files to TV and not made a movie out of it, they should not take GF and turn it into a series/soap with a million sequels like rocky or rambo... personally, if anything, I would like to see a throwback to BEFORE vito corleone was born, some basic history of the mafia and how it grew up until the day vito was born and his father was killed... to me, that could be more artistic/interesting than continuing the current storyline... just my view (=

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209685
05/04/06 12:27 PM
05/04/06 12:27 PM
New Market, MD
Underboss
Underboss
New Market, MD
You know, I always wondered why Hollywood never did more quality "spin offs". Like taking a character like Luca Brasi and giving him his own movie. It brings in a built-in audience and allows screenwriters to have a fair amount of creativity when writing the script.

Sequels get a bad rap, well, maybe they don't because they usually stink, but this wouldn't be a sequel... it'd be more like a spin-off.

It's worked fairly well with the expanded universe stories in Star Wars... I wonder if a smaller scale "exanded universe" wouldn't work well in the GF world.

If so, I think this would be a cool place to start... to see what the events were that lead up to Vito's father and brother being killed and what set his life in motion.

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209686
05/05/06 12:09 AM
05/05/06 12:09 AM
Caldwell, North Jersey
JRCX Offline
SicilianCulture.com
JRCX  Offline
SicilianCulture.com
Capo
Caldwell, North Jersey
Well, you have a good point, but being in video production and knowing what goes on behind the scenes, what you find is, the original writers leave, new directors step in, actors get bored/frustrated and the vision suffers. I have an issue of GQ which speaks about the horrors of making GF3 on location 6 months in sicily. Many of you know the first 2 GFs were a nightmare for coppola, but if you can dig up that GQ article with Garcia on the cover, its really a gem, bashes coppola a bit, but all was not too far from the truth. No disrespect to Francis, but he had just suffered the loss of his son and he was not thinking as clearly as he might of (that was mentioned in the article). Anyway... the same can be applied to TV, even Seinfeld, ESPECIALLY the sopranos, the first season of sopranos was genius in my opinion, but when writers leave and some of the actors start writing/directing, things take a different turn, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse... I honestly don't know how the GF spinoff/sequels would have played out, but then again, even if they were bad, it has to be better than 90% of the garbage Hollywood spews out.

"There are 2 types of people in the world, Italian, and those who wish they were Italian."

# # # JRCX
Re: Idea for fourth Godfather #209687
05/05/06 10:11 AM
05/05/06 10:11 AM
New Market, MD
Underboss
Underboss
New Market, MD
I don't expect a spin-off film to have the same cast/writer/director as the original films. But it would be fun to see what a different team of people could bring to the table, especially if they are not messing around with cannon.

Re: Idea for fourth Godfather [Re: Toni_corleone] #354516
01/05/07 05:14 PM
01/05/07 05:14 PM
SeXXiCHaLDo Offline
Associate
SeXXiCHaLDo  Offline
Associate
My Friends and i were talking about the movie an dmaking a remake of the GF4. We were contimplating the fact for vinnie to obviously take care of the business and the family. But he's married with children. but the only twist is that he doesnt have a son to take over the family. Hes got 2-3 girls. one of the girls is exactly like her father. she was the favorite etc. when shes old enough like 22 shes seeing a guy that is from another family and it doesnt work well wit her dad. her cousins and stuff get involved with w/e and something happens like he dies or somthing. (typical italian love story) then there is liek this attempt on the father (vinny) and he could die (naturally or murder) and somehow she takes over. I dunno the story can me different, but she TAKES OVER... She learns and thats it. I mean women can not be the back hand for everything you know?? like somehow they got to be up there. especially if he has only girls Think of this as like a soprano show in 2007. we got mansions on long island, escalades & rangerovers. a shoot out at a christian dior boutique.. just make it modern day... i dunno w/e.. let me know

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull