GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 670 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,489
Posts1,061,837
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209450
08/24/05 10:44 AM
08/24/05 10:44 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline OP
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have heard Paramount Pictures wants to make GF4, if Coppola refuses to make it, PP will call other directors but I think it would not be the same. Anyway, I think GF4 have to be told lik a nowadays story(In 2005 or 2006, Vincent talking by cell phone, bussines with Internet, etc), of course Michael living the 80s and dying in 1997 with the last great Mafia funeral, we need to see how is Michael's life after Mary`s death and his arguments with Kay Adams who blames Michael's life style because of Mary's death. The GF4 script(written by Mario Puzo)says Vincent got into drugs bussines against Corleone Family rules and the empire falls down because of the drugs bussines and because he is not as good Don as Michael and Vito, so the Vito Corleone`s words would come true. "Drugs will destroy us in the years to come" Vincent could end up in jail.
Because there are 3 points:
1-The First Generation would build an empire.(Vito)
2-The Second one would keep it and making stronger.(Michael)
3-The Third one would take it to the misery.(Vincent)

I think GF4 must be the REAL LAST GF MOVIE.
There must be GF4 because we need to see the end of Corleone empire and Vincent in jail like the real life today.
We don`t need GF5 would not make sense. THE GF4 is the last movie.

And about Young Sonny`s part(Leonardo di Caprio) could be exacly told as it is told in the book novel.

What do you think?
LET`S ASK COPPOLA TO MAKE THE GODFATHER 4!!!
DOES ANYBODY HAVE COPPOLA`S PERSONAL EMAIL?
LET`S GET TOGETHER!!!
WE WANT GF4!!!!!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209451
08/24/05 10:49 AM
08/24/05 10:49 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
What do you think?
Let it die already. Its over. It was over after Part II.

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209452
08/24/05 01:31 PM
08/24/05 01:31 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
I want it. Imagine it will be very good, even a classic: then we could al go rest in peace, and Part III will be nothing more than a bad dream...
One condition: there are two timeline (so flashbacks).

1. 1930 - 1945 (but different than flashbacks in GF II, so Vito already being powerful)
Vito working with Roth, Pentageli, Genco, and the rest of the old guys + rise of Santino

2. Nothing about 1959 - 1979. Just short mention of how Hagen died.

3. 1980 - 1997. Michael being Vincent's consigliere. Vincent having a new capo besides Rocco and Neri. One of Sonny's sons (Frankie) also becoming a new capo: conflict between legitimate son (Frank) <=> bastard (Vincenzo). Anthony accidentaly coming involved when trying to protect his father.
Second to last scene: or repeating the scene of Michael's dead, or not showing it again, but just the quiet Sicily funeral afterwards. Grave next to his uncle Paolo.
Last scene (flashback): showing Vito just before the wedding of Connie. And then a voice... "I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
*Godfather theme* playing.
So the last line, being said by Bonasera would also be a summary of Vito's life.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209453
08/24/05 05:25 PM
08/24/05 05:25 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
SC why you think it´s all over? I don´t think so, more I think there is something we don´t have and we deserve to have it, Coppola owes us an ending of this beautiful story.
Enzo I agree with you and you have good ideas but I disagrre in one point, I think every year has to be covered, more I am planning seriously to make a linetime (since 1887 to 1979 with things we know or could guess or discover hidden tracks) like http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com but adding details taken from Godfather Returns(The things that are really worth!!!), original book, the DVD, the 3 movies, the webpage etc. Because I wanna, I think we should know what happened in those missing years, much better if we(or Coppola)cover them than having Mark Winegardner do it(Everything OK with him but he has made some mistakes). Another point, Rocco Lampone doesn´t appear in GF3. So, he could not appear in GF4 as Vincent`s caporegime. According to The Godfather Returns, Rocco Lampone was killed in Cuba in 1959 or 1960. I forgot to suggest to show how Tom Hagen died, they say by cancer. Is it the Consigliere karma?Remember Genco Abbandando died like this.
I hope to hear from you, and we hope Coppola to read all of this to put it on the movie!!!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209454
08/24/05 05:55 PM
08/24/05 05:55 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
SC why you think it´s all over? I don´t think so, more I think there is something we don´t have and we deserve to have it, Coppola owes us an ending of this beautiful story.
Its over because Mario Puzo ended it perfectly in the novel. Yeah, sure, Part II's ending added some nice touches but there's nothing more worth telling now (and Coppola sure ain't the one to finish anything).

I've never been able to understand why some feel the need to have everything wrapped up neatly in a little bundle and told in the smallest detail to the nth degree. Like "Sopranos" fans who NEED to know what happened to the Russian in the woods or wonder if Tony will ever get Melfi's rapist, this DOESN'T have to be drawn out anymore.

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209455
08/25/05 01:52 AM
08/25/05 01:52 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I would like to see a 4th one just cause im a GF nut,but i agree with SC

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209456
08/25/05 04:17 PM
08/25/05 04:17 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
DE NIRO, I just ask for GF4 as the last movie, I don`t wanna a GF5 it would be a bullshit. GF4 and That`s it.
We need to see how the Corleone empire falls down...

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209457
08/25/05 10:27 PM
08/25/05 10:27 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
... Imagine it will be very good, even a classic: then we could al go rest in peace, ...
It will NOT be very good, and we already HAVE a classic - actually we have TWO classics, which in the world of sequels is a miracle in itself. GFIII although ultimately from a fan POV better off made than not made...is proof that. It fell far short of the other two in terms of writing, acting and downright credibility ... and how can anyone possibly think a Part IV would have a chance of overcoming that. :rolleyes:

Quote:
...I just ask for GF4 as the last movie, I don`t wanna a GF5 it would be a bullshit. GF4 and That`s it.
We need to see how the Corleone empire falls down...
I just ask for GFIII as the last movie, I don`t wanna a GFIV it would be a bullshit.

GFII and That`s it.

We do NOT necessarily need to see how the Corleone empire falls down...or even that it DOES fall down.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209458
08/26/05 06:11 AM
08/26/05 06:11 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Apple, there is a chance it will succeed, but then are needed
A. the right actors (De Niro, no hamilton)
B. a FFC with guts

Like before making Part I, paramount said "no Pacino, no Brando". FFC: "F**K you, I want them both"

And wasn't that a good move? So if he's willing to make a good movie (and I'm convinced he can), and not a I-need-money-now - movie (GFIII), then it can be good.

Why don't he let Sofia assist him. I mean, she's a far better director than she's an actor.

As for the second quote, that isn't mine.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209459
08/26/05 07:28 AM
08/26/05 07:28 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...there is a chance it will succeed..
The chances of it NOT succeeding are higher. On top of that, there is simply no need for a GFIV. The story of the Corleone Family ended with the death of Michael. How it fared under the leadership of his nephew, the bastard son of his quick-tempered brother who proved to be an inept Don in the first place..is inconsequential.

Quote:
...if he's [b]willing to make a good movie (and I'm convinced he can), and not a I-need-money-now - movie (GFIII), then it can be good...[/b]
He is apparently not willing, and has said so for several years since the death of Mario Puzo.

It is OVER !!! The magic, the legend is contained in the novel, and the movies GF and GFII ... and that should be respected.

Apple

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209460
08/26/05 09:20 AM
08/26/05 09:20 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
The first rule of showbiz is "leave them wanting more." This rule was nearly broken by GF III and another installment would kill it. In most cases one sequel is one to many. Look at Legally Blonde, Meet the Fockers, the endless Terminator movies, Star Trek , Star Wars, and many others. Who on earth wants to go see an aging Andy Garcia trying to run the family in the '60's and 70's with the help of a broken Michael?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209461
08/26/05 12:20 PM
08/26/05 12:20 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Yeah....
I guess you're all right.

But I'm not saying I want at any cost a new movie, I'm only saying that, if it's guaranteed a good movie, I want it.

But as you say Apple, the chances of failing are much bigger.

dontom, you're right about all those movies, except fot Star Wars. You're not saying the original trilogy isn't good, aaight?

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209462
08/26/05 12:54 PM
08/26/05 12:54 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
... I'm only saying that, if it's guaranteed a good movie, I want it....
Precisely the reason why there should NOT be a Part IV. There's no way to guarantee something like that, alot of factors - including writing/directing/casting/acting, among others - would have to come into play and all fall together.

A few examples that there is no guarantee of what will or will not make a classic - It Happened One Night, Casablanca and The Godfather - none of which were thought of very highly during principal production.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209463
08/26/05 02:27 PM
08/26/05 02:27 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Apple, I agree with you Vincent is a bad Don and that`s why we need a part IV the last one, Coppola can make GF4 because Mario Puzo is "alive", I mean he wrote the GF4 script before his death. Coppola might complete some details and that`s it. I know it could be a good movie, even though you say you don`t want a GF4 because you say it would be a bullshit I know you would go to see the movie if it is made, am I wrong? Another point, Coppola said the story was finished years ago, but now Paramount Pictures wants to make the movie with or without Coppola, I`d rather with, but Coppola is actually thinking about an answer, so...he never put the ending really...Al Pacino said he would be there with him if he wants...(Of course he would perfome Michael in his last years in this life). I still say the story is not complete, we need to see the ending, how the Corleone empire falls down, I know you don`t agree with me and I respect your point, but don`t tell me you won`t go to see the movie if it is made.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209464
08/26/05 09:30 PM
08/26/05 09:30 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...don`t tell me you won`t go to see the movie if it is made...
Well, I have not yet sat through GFIII in its entirety and despite endless jabs by fellow BB-ers I have yet to read the book.

So don't be to sure I'll bang down the doors to a GFIV.

If someday (and that day may never come) it were eventually made I'd probably hold out for the reviews and if by some miracle they did happen to be even close to good, I might swallow hard and buy a ticket.

We'll see....

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209465
08/27/05 01:19 PM
08/27/05 01:19 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Apple!!!Be positive please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209466
08/29/05 06:03 PM
08/29/05 06:03 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Enzo, I forgot one think, Rocco was killed while he tried to escape after killing Roth.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209467
08/29/05 07:27 PM
08/29/05 07:27 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Like "Sopranos" fans who NEED to know what happened to the Russian in the woods or wonder if Tony will ever get Melfi's rapist, this DOESN'T have to be drawn out anymore.
I like how they keep the Russian in the woods open-ended (not all questions can be answered), but the situation with Melfi and her rapist I did not care for at all. Kill the motherfucker and bare no witnesses! She is supposed to be moralistic but hell, she is human. I don't care how genuine you are, or are considered, any human being with those mob connections would have had that schmuck taken care of, therefore making this situation unrealistic.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209468
08/30/05 10:40 AM
08/30/05 10:40 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Judging by the way Hollow-Wood is pushing out remakes, sequels, and in general pointless jargon these days, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Paramount attempt to get another director to come in an direct Part 4.

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209469
08/31/05 04:48 AM
08/31/05 04:48 AM
Norwich, England
D
Don Arnaldo Offline
Associate
Don Arnaldo  Offline
D
Associate
Norwich, England
Interesting, can't decide who I agree with. Problem is, it seems a little silly to carry on the Saga, when we saw Michael die at end of Godfather III. Incidentally, (Godfather III is not that bad) Perhaps not a strictly NECESSARY movie, but it's good. Watch all three back to back sometime, you'll see what I mean. The ultimate message of the Godfather movies is that the REAL gangsters are the Dons in the Church and Government and they've been corrupt for years....

Quote:
They are the true Mafia.

RJ Arnold
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209470
08/31/05 12:40 PM
08/31/05 12:40 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Arnaldo, GF4 would be told in some parts with Michael alive and after Mary`s death.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209471
08/31/05 01:18 PM
08/31/05 01:18 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Please god, No GF IV!!!

(If they made it, I would go, no doubt. :p But that doesn't mean I want it to be made.)

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209472
09/01/05 01:17 PM
09/01/05 01:17 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
YES! Don Andrew Yes GF4!!! If it is made I don`t want to know you went to see it

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209473
10/06/05 11:32 AM
10/06/05 11:32 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Come on Coppola! Do it!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209474
12/02/05 04:43 PM
12/02/05 04:43 PM
UK
Paul Krendler Offline
The Dude
Paul Krendler  Offline
The Dude
UK
My tuppence worth...

I would be curious to read any treatments of a fourth movie that Puzo may have been working on prior to his death, but I don't believe that a fourth movie should be made purely by virtue of the fact that Puzo would not be an active part of it. Although FFC should be given rightful credit for the way he steered the character of Michael Corleone, the lack of Puzo's unique understanding and interpretation of omerta would cause the film to lose a huge factor of what make its predecessors so successful and compelling.

Also, I believe that after the death of Mary, Michael's soul would have completely disintegrated. The guilt would have become too much and I believe he would have stayed in Sicily in his old friend Don Tommasino's house and lived out his days trying to atone for his monstrous past, with no interest, inclination or the slightest thought for what remained of the Corleone empire once Vincent Mancini took over.

Having watched III again recently (which I love just as much as I and II, although I know I'm in the minority there!) I believe that Michael's peaceful death was the perfect way to end the series. If every loose end was tied up and every question answered, imagination would surely vanish.

"I'm sorry if your stepmother is a nympho but I don't see what this has to do with, uh... do you have any Kalhua?"
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209475
12/10/05 08:21 AM
12/10/05 08:21 AM
New Jersey
Obsessed With The GodFather Offline
Capo
Obsessed With The GodFather  Offline
Capo
New Jersey
IMO---I never want the GF story to end (NEVER) with all the grandchildren and cousins in the family it can go on & on in my book!

"If anything in life is certain; if history has taught us anything,Hollywood can make anything possible. Wink

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash Fan!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209476
12/10/05 10:32 AM
12/10/05 10:32 AM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Quote:
Originally posted by Obsessed With The GodFather:
IMO---I never want the GF story to end (NEVER) with all the grandchildren and cousins in the family it can go on & on in my book!

"If anything in life is certain; if history has taught us anything,Hollywood can make anything possible. Wink
Yeah, your right

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209477
12/11/05 12:51 AM
12/11/05 12:51 AM
New Jersey
Obsessed With The GodFather Offline
Capo
Obsessed With The GodFather  Offline
Capo
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
[quote]Originally posted by Obsessed With The GodFather:
[b] IMO---I never want the GF story to end (NEVER) with all the grandchildren and cousins in the family it can go on & on in my book!

Yeah, your right [/b][/quote]:) Glad you agree DZ

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash Fan!
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209478
12/11/05 01:27 PM
12/11/05 01:27 PM
Toni_corleone Offline
War-time Consigliere
Toni_corleone  Offline
War-time Consigliere
Capo
I think we should see how the empire fell and I thought GFIII was the best one why does everyone think it was so bad I loved it just watched for the first time and I thought it was better than the first the first is my second favorite tho but by far I think the third was the best.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
http://s3.invisionfree.com/This_Thing_of_Ours_2/
Re: Let`s make Coppola an offer he can`t refuse #209479
12/11/05 02:31 PM
12/11/05 02:31 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss