GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 762 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,554
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,534
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,455
Posts1,061,244
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205449
03/11/06 08:14 AM
03/11/06 08:14 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
While reading some posts over in the Sopranos thread, I came across this comment made by Antoinette Giancana, daughter of the infomous Sam "Momo" Giancana and this is what she had to say when she made a comparison between Chicago mobsters and New York / New Jersey mobsters :

The New York (and New Jersey) breed is so entirely different from the Chicago breed. The New York breed is really very tough and horrible, and they would do anything for the eternal dollar. In the time of my father's day, you just stuck to certain areas in which you worked. Drugs were out, totally out. Now they're in with certain family members in New York.

We're just a little kinder outfit than the New York gangster is. They've had numerous killings. I think in Chicago, there might have been a few, but not as many.

I'm laughing so hard as I write this post.

This lady is really dillusional. She's basically implying that the organized criminal element from Chicago is a more reserved, less greedy and do not kll as much as the organized criminal element in NY/NJ! The Chicago mobster belongs to a much "kinder" outfit than the NY/NJ mobster!

Chicago had a "few" mob killings, but not as many as NY/NJ!

Oh, and her dad never had any dealing involving drugs! :rolleyes:

Maybe we should all move to Chicago! This way, if you happen to have a run in with a Chicago mobster, he will be "kinder" to you before he rips your eyes out of your head and takes every last dollar that you have.

At least you'll be treated with some respect before he robs and kills you!

Gee, now I know why I felt so safe when I was hanging with Don Sicilia when I was in Chicago!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205450
03/11/06 09:57 PM
03/11/06 09:57 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
...trading in my home in NJ for a condo in Chicago... :p

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205451
03/11/06 10:06 PM
03/11/06 10:06 PM
Toni_corleone Offline
War-time Consigliere
Toni_corleone  Offline
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Not to be rude but you know thats really ignorant I know shes wrong but you don't have to be such an ass about it.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
http://s3.invisionfree.com/This_Thing_of_Ours_2/
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205452
03/11/06 11:05 PM
03/11/06 11:05 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
Not to be rude but you know thats really ignorant I know shes wrong but you don't have to be such an ass about it.
Excuse me?

Why not show us if you actually have the knowledge and ability to contribute to this topic instead of just making rude comments like this one?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205453
03/11/06 11:13 PM
03/11/06 11:13 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Talk about being an ass and being rude. :rolleyes:

To quote Mr. White from Reservoir Dogs;

"You don't know what you're talking about."

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205454
03/12/06 05:28 AM
03/12/06 05:28 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
While DC maybe did over-used irony, he was certainly entitled to do so, because Giancana's daughter isn't here to be offended, and everything DC pointed out is commpletely true.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205455
03/12/06 06:08 AM
03/12/06 06:08 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Real nice, Toni. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it Lucky Luciano who said (about Chicago), "Its a goddamn crazy place"? (or something like that).

Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205456
03/12/06 10:49 AM
03/12/06 10:49 AM
Toni_corleone Offline
War-time Consigliere
Toni_corleone  Offline
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
[b] Not to be rude but you know thats really ignorant I know shes wrong but you don't have to be such an ass about it.
While DC maybe did over-used irony, he was certainly entitled to do so, because Giancana's daughter isn't here to be offended, and everything DC pointed out is commpletely true. [/b][/quote]I didn't say it wasn't true but he is being a little bit of an asshole in my book.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205457
03/12/06 11:02 AM
03/12/06 11:02 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Toni, if you don't like what I wrote in my post, then it's too damn bad. You are out of line with your comments, and this is not the first time that you've made comments like this in a thread. In your short time on these boards you've managed to build some reputation for yourself.

If you cannot remain civil here on these boards, and especially in this thread, then you are not welcomed here.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205458
03/12/06 11:18 AM
03/12/06 11:18 AM
Toni_corleone Offline
War-time Consigliere
Toni_corleone  Offline
War-time Consigliere
Capo
I am sorry that I offended you Don Cardi and I will never post something like that to you or anyone else again.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205459
03/12/06 02:52 PM
03/12/06 02:52 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
I am sorry that I offended you Don Cardi and I will never post something like that to you or anyone else again.
Ok, Fuggettaboutit.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205460
03/13/06 12:57 PM
03/13/06 12:57 PM
Chicago, IL
Donatello Noboddi Offline
Made Member
Donatello Noboddi  Offline
Made Member
Chicago, IL
Let's chalk his reaction up to civic pride. I know I mentally went through a similar response when I read your post, but I see that the focus is more on deriding Antoinette Giancana as being a money-grubbing idiot than anything derogatory to Chicago.

Chicago and New York both have plenty of stories of Mob brutality. LCN members were/are no angels in either town.

Chicago has always had a gritty reputation which stems from the rough and tumble beginnings as a prairie town. Then it continued with the Stockyards and the brutality of the slaughterhouses as it not only decimated livestock, but also broke the wills of many immigrants who worked in them. I think this toughness may have spilled out into the city's character and even moreso in the underworld.

It's interesting that Luciano said that about Chicago, because at the time Chicago was probably being run by Capone, who was originally from... yup you guessed it... New York.

I came, I saw, I had no idea what was going on, I left.
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205461
03/13/06 04:17 PM
03/13/06 04:17 PM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
Donatello/Don Tekky...nice Blues Brothers avatar!

Toni G. lives here in Elmwood Park and she's a "willing" source for a quote anytime someone wants to write about "the old days" for the Outfit. So the neighborhood paper needs a feature piece about The Sopranos, realizes half the good authors on the topic of organized crime in Chicago live within a one mile radius of each other (and the newspaper's headquarters in Oak Park) and they make a few phone calls. And she blurts out the first thing that comes to mind half meaning it, half not media-savvy enough to know the right choice of words to make your point...which was...what?

When I read her "kinder/gentler" comment, I was pretty dismissive of it. So there wasn't exactly a Murder, Inc. in Chicago. That makes what they did commendable?

The paper gets delivered on Wednesday. Can't wait to see the Letters to the Editor about this (and The Sopranos premier) in upcoming editions of the neighborhood rag. If there's anything juicy that I can get to on-line I'll post links and/or cut-and-paste.

tony b.

"Everybody needs somebody to love!" -- Rev. Solomon Burke

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205462
03/13/06 05:04 PM
03/13/06 05:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Donatello Noboddi:
Let's chalk his reaction up to civic pride. I know I mentally went through a similar response when I read your post, but I see that the focus is more on deriding Antoinette Giancana as being a money-grubbing idiot than anything derogatory to Chicago.

It's neither one. Of course I was in no way taking a shot at Chicago. And I was not trying to point out that Antoinette Giancana was being a money grubbing idiot. Both have absolutely nothing to do what I originally posted.

What I was pointing out is the fact that Anotinette Giancana is being unrealistic in making a statement such as that. To say that the Chicago Mob is a more kinder and gentler Mob than the New York mob is ridiculous. The mob is the mob, no matter where they are.

And for anyone to suggest that the Chicago mob was a less violent mob than ANY other city's mob is just plain ignorant.

Chicago was the home to one of the most famous, notorious and rogue gangsters in the country... Al Capone. And during his reign, there was just as much, if not more, violence commited by him and his enemies than any other city in the country that the mob worked out of.

So it's not an imature "your city is bad and mine isn't" type of sentiment. That's childish bullshit. And anyone who tries to make it into that kind of a discussion is being imature.

Again, my point? That she was talking ridiculously to make a statement like that.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205463
03/14/06 07:19 PM
03/14/06 07:19 PM
Chicago, IL
Donatello Noboddi Offline
Made Member
Donatello Noboddi  Offline
Made Member
Chicago, IL
Sorry DC. Not sure how to take your post.

Guess I'll just leave it be.

I came, I saw, I had no idea what was going on, I left.
Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205464
03/14/06 09:14 PM
03/14/06 09:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Donatello Noboddi:
Sorry DC. Not sure how to take your post.

Guess I'll just leave it be.
I can't make it any clearer than I already did.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Chicago Mobsters "Kinder" Than NY/NJ Mobsters! #205465
04/05/06 08:32 PM
04/05/06 08:32 PM
New York
MafiaJ Offline
Wiseguy
MafiaJ  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
That's very interesting. It could be true, but it doesn't really matter, it's still the Mafia.

"To announce that there should be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American people."-Theodore Roosevelt
"It's better to live one day as a lion, than a hundred as a sheep."-Benito Mussollini

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull