GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, Havana), 614 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,580
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205397
03/03/06 11:33 AM
03/03/06 11:33 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline OP
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You may laugh at me but...I have to say this. I dreamed about Paul Castellano and Carlo Gambino today.

This was the situation, Paul Castellano was the boss and a heroine addict, Carlo Gambino was the underboss soon to be the Don, and I was the Consigliere.
Everytime Paul Castellano had breathing problems or a heart attack he used a heroine shot to stick in his heart(yeah, it is disgusting!)to keep himself alive, Carlo Gambino was praying for Paul´s death because he wanted to be the boss right away.
Paul Castellano was sat behind his desk like Vito Corleone and was listening the people who were asking for a favor, like the beginning of The GF 1. Sometimes, he used his heroine shot and he said "I don´t have much time left". I was next to him listening everything.

Well the dream didn´t last longer but the last thing I remember was that Paul, Carlo and myself got together to watch TV and we saw the U2 documentary and the TV hoster said JustMe had been playing the keyboards for U2 as a background musician!

That´s it!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205398
03/03/06 02:38 PM
03/03/06 02:38 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
DPN, you have definitely spent far too much time on these boards--it's getting to your inner psyche. Next you'll be dreaming that Bruno from "Epitafios" joined the Church.
BTW: I realize that English isn't your first language--and you write very well in English. But I think Castellano would have preferred a "heroine" to "heroin." In fact, he did have a "heroine"--Gloria Olarte.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205399
03/03/06 02:56 PM
03/03/06 02:56 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Anybody see the TNT original "Boss of Bosses?" I just rented it from the library. Can't say that I was too impressed by the acting, but it was interesting. The focus was on Big Paul's reign rather than any one particular event. I thought the scene in which he was killed was horrible. They really glossed over some of the facts and were far too dramatic.

Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205400
03/03/06 04:15 PM
03/03/06 04:15 PM
Tied up in a trunk of a car.
Associate Offline
Wiseguy
Associate  Offline
Wiseguy
I think whenever someone starts to dream about certain TV programmes, movies, characters, actors or actresses, etc; it's a sign they need to start writing their own stories, movies, characters, etc.

I have heard about that Boss of Bosses programme, goombah (I must digress and say; What a great username!). I was wondering where I could find it; thanks for giving me the idea to look in my local library! I will definitely hunt it out when the oppurtunity arises. goombah, is the acting under average (as in, it could have been better), poor or just dire?

Get a dictionary. Find out what this "closure" thing is. If that's what he's going to hit us with, I want to be ready.
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205401
03/03/06 06:09 PM
03/03/06 06:09 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:

BTW: I realize that English isn't your first language--and you write very well in English. But I think Castellano would have preferred a "heroine" to "heroin." In fact, he did have a "heroine"--Gloria Olarte.
Oops! I made a mistake! Yes, I meant "heroin".
well, but I guess you understood me when I said "shot".
And yes, I definitly spend very much time here, this is the third time I dream about Mafia.

The first one: I dreamed about Sammy Gravano living in Argentina, he had an argentinian girlfriend who was his manager. He was a book writer and I made a phone call to asking for him.

The Second one: I dreamed about John Gotti, I dreamed that he had a twin brother who is running the Gambino Family now-a-days.

And of course, this is the third one.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205402
03/03/06 06:16 PM
03/03/06 06:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I did...but "heroine" plays out so much nicer...

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205403
03/03/06 06:18 PM
03/03/06 06:18 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yes, I guess...I bet...hahaha!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205404
03/03/06 06:42 PM
03/03/06 06:42 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Napolitano, I don't know you very well, and I wouldn't want to overstep any boundaries here, but I think that you focus on The Mafia and organized crime too much and neglect the many, many other parts of life. I mean no offense, I just feel that aside from Mafia related stuff and the occasional Soccer post, I haven't seen anything else. Do you follow Argentinian, South American, or international politics? You could post about movies, music, women, sports, tv shows, books, religion, money, things that piss you off and things that you don't mind. None of these things necessarily have to do with The Mob. Why don't you try posting like 5 or so threads that have little if anything to do with The Mafia? Just an idea..

Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205405
03/03/06 06:56 PM
03/03/06 06:56 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I was just telling what I dreamed about. Of course there are many topics in the argentinian news, but most of them are not showed in the american news. I mean I cannot post everything that have happened, but for the bank robbery that is the only one I really care about enough to post it in the general discussion, but I think I should have posted here in Organized Crime, ok they are thieves not Mafia, but aren`t the gansters thieves too?I mean, somehow they are members of an organized band and there was a rat. About religion, well I am not a believer of the things I cannot see with my own eyes, but I have already posted about life after death. But If I had to talk about another thing aside the Mafia, well, I mean, I didn`t become a member to talk about politics(This is a topic that I don`t rather to talk here), religion, science, geography, etc. Come on, this is gangsterbb not religionbb. If I wanted to talk about religion I would not have been here, of course I rarely could talk about it, but I have many people in my country to talk about it. I wanna talk about Mafia here, because I haven`t met anybody in my country who knows enough about the Mob to talk about, that`s one of the reason I am here. Everytime I get into this site, come on! I don`t wanna talk about politics, religion, etc. For that I don`t need to be here.

By the way, this is not the right topic. Let`s get back to Organized Crime! What do you think about my dream?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205406
03/04/06 01:04 AM
03/04/06 01:04 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fair enough.

Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205407
03/07/06 06:03 PM
03/07/06 06:03 PM
Associate Offline
Wiseguy
Associate  Offline
Wiseguy
Feth, they don't have Boss of Bosses at my library....

I think I'll just rent out A Bronx Tale again instead then.

Get a dictionary. Find out what this "closure" thing is. If that's what he's going to hit us with, I want to be ready.
Re: Dreaming about Paul Castellano #205408
03/08/06 01:21 PM
03/08/06 01:21 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
I thought Boss of Bosses was watchable just for Palmintieri's performance. You don't get to see him in central roles all that much, and I thought he effectively held this movie together.

I dream in widescreen.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull