GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (joepuzzles234, 2 invisible), 767 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,605
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,464
Posts1,061,352
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mafia #197883
08/13/03 04:58 PM
08/13/03 04:58 PM
Paul Vitti-The Boss Offline OP
Wiseguy
Paul Vitti-The Boss  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Does anyone here know of any places that are run by the Mafia today?

"Make Way For The Bad Guy"

"...If you turn me into a f*g I'll kill you."
Re: Mafia #197884
08/13/03 05:51 PM
08/13/03 05:51 PM
New York
John Petosa Offline
Wiseguy
John Petosa  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
Personally ... I know of a couple. But I am not going to name any names of which families, locations, names, etc. It just wouldn't be smart, because I don't want any trouble with any side of the law.

I live on Long Island, in Suffolk County. When you think of "New York Cosa Nostra" you think of the city, you fail to forget that a lot of stuff goes on here on Long Island.

I grew up in Baldwin, Nassau County, Long Island ... but four years ago I moved to Bohemia in Suffolk County on Long Island ... I town bordering Ronkonkoma, which you may know Sammy Gravano and his parents had lived for a while.

I do not know of much activity in Nassau County, although I know for a fact there is a lot of stuff going on there, but I know of a lot more here in Suffolk County.

I know some clubs and stuff, I am in the club business, I don't own any clubs, but my man Marc owns a place here on Long Island, I know the guy who owns Club Wiggles in Rego Park, Queens ... but there is a lot more to that club then you would think.

Cosa Nostra is not only the city, but it is the tri-state area, a lot of stuff goes on in the city, NJ, all of Long Island, etc.

Don't believe people on this board that say "Cosa Nostra is dead" ... these people just don't know anything that goes on. Sure, they have taken some severe blows, but they are still extremely strong, they still run a lot of businesses here in NY, the city and Long Island. People think because they are not all over the news that they are dead. They look back 15 years ago to when John Gotti was ALL OVER the news and think that this is how it is supposed to be, the mob at it's best.

The reason you don't see much news is because they wised up, Gotti did what those in LCN (La Cosa Nostra) should NOT do ... he went public. He wanted attention, he wanted to be in the news, he wanted people talking about him, he flashed his suits and ties with all his glory. This is not what this thing is about, the life is not about that. John seemed to have forgotten where he had come from. This thing, the life, it's not about flashing off suits, it's about business, it's about loyalty, atleast it's supposed to be. But LCN is how it should be today, secrative, underground, it's not supposed to be in the news, it's not supposed to be known about.

Anyway, a long story summed up, LCN is still around, LCN is still powerful, LCN still runs a lot of stuff, MOB hits still go on, all this stuff is still around.

Take it from me, I don't know about a lot of people on this forum, but I do know a lot on this subject, I have known a lot of people in my time, and I have seen a lot of stuff go on.

But I cannot go into all of that, and just except that. Anybody else who does know places LCN still operates would also keep their mouth shut, because it's the only thing to do.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull