GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BugsyM), 139 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,397
Posts1,060,117
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Two Questions... #197523
06/04/03 01:32 AM
06/04/03 01:32 AM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
All of us are here because we have some sort of fascination with the mafia. Most of us, though we have this fascination, have distinguished that "gangsters" or "mobsters" are infact scum and criminals that we do not wish to model ourselves after, but simply enjoy learning about for whatever particular reason. Maybe in our minds we sometimes fantasize about the glamor and romance, such as The Godfather. But in the back of our minds we all know that NOT to be true. My first question is, are YOU happy to see La Cosa Nostra crumbling into a weak pitiful organization as to being compared to its golden ages years ago? Or do you wish the mafia was still on the up and up, and if so why? (i need time to think about this question and id like to read your responses before responding myself as well).

My second question is, if you HAD to join 1 of the 5 families in New York, which would it be and why? Personally Id say Bonanno. Although each family is pretty shitty at the moment, I think theyre probably doing the best right now. The reason I didnt give the option of outside families (non NY ones) is because those are probably the better choices considering that the NY fam's are the most targeted. So choose out of the 5 worst, (once the 5 best).

"Murders came with smiles, shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas..."
Re: Two Questions... #197524
06/04/03 02:48 AM
06/04/03 02:48 AM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
If the "morals" of the old days were restored and maintained by a pristine leader; no, I would not be happy with the slow collapse of LCN, the other criminal "organizations" are much more abhorrent, and have less if any moral codes, and there will always be crime, in one way or another. Everyone will suffer from crime, it's the other end of the extent of society. The good side isn't very different from the bad side, the only different is the mask they don and how they operate.

I would like to see LCN gain full power of important criminal operations instead of: Columbian Cartels, Yardies, Russians ( Of course ( The Red Mafiya ) ), Yakuza, or Southeast Asian Triads, or even the Turkish "Mafia", or the red command ( Brazilian Cartel ( Which is almost dead, I believe ) ).

If I had to join one family, I would join the Lucchese family.

Re: Two Questions... #197525
06/04/03 06:04 AM
06/04/03 06:04 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Goodfella 69:
All of us are here because we have some sort of fascination with the mafia.
I joined strictly because of the trilogy. It may be a slight distinction, but I wouldn't say I have a "fascination" with the mafia by any means. An interest, obviously. But not enough of one to join a BB.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Two Questions... #197526
06/04/03 07:06 AM
06/04/03 07:06 AM
Melbourne
Liz_85 Offline
Capo
Liz_85  Offline
Capo
Melbourne
I'm the opposite, it was my interest in the mafia that made me watch The Godfather in the first place.
As for your question Goodfella, I have no idea. We're kinda out of the 'mafia loop' here in Australia, I only saw one article in the paper when John Gotti died. So I dunno who's powerful these days, but I've always found the Gambino family interesting, provided they're even still around?

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
Re: Two Questions... #197527
06/04/03 08:15 AM
06/04/03 08:15 AM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
oops, sorry plawrence. "Interest in mob related things" sounds better. Liz, if youd like to try and keep up to date with todays American mafia, or at least the New York families, check out GangLandNews.com, and for a history lesson in each family and tons of information you can check out CrimeLibrary.com, hope this helps.

"Murders came with smiles, shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas..."
Re: Two Questions... #197528
06/04/03 10:46 AM
06/04/03 10:46 AM
AZ
Turnbull Online content
Turnbull  Online Content

AZ
I've been interested in organized crime for a long time. But as I got older, I saw that all the "rules," "discipline," "principles," that adhered to the Mafia were just B.S., so I stopped romanticizing the Mafia and got real about them. So, no, I'm not sorry to see them crumble. And I'd like to see all the other ethnic gangs crumble, too--they're all scum, all of them.
And I wouldn't want to join any Mafia family now. Given the sophistication of surveillance technology and the surplus of squealers, joining a Mob family is a one-way ticket to prison.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Two Questions... #197529
06/04/03 03:12 PM
06/04/03 03:12 PM
Surrey. England. In a house.
Researcher Offline
Capo
Researcher  Offline
Capo
Surrey. England. In a house.
Turnbull is absolutely right. Mafia can't do JACK with all the CCTV cameras and stuff around to keep the law's eye on them. God knows how they're still around. I was completely amazed when I saw the Godfather, and it was so realistic I thought, hey, if that's the Mafia they aren't so bad. Then I read Mafia: The first hundred years. They're all degenerates. The only kind of way they could possibly be respectable is earning a living without hurting anyone else. Prohibition era smuggling seemed fair-ish. As Capone said, "I'm a businessman supplying a public demand."
In life the mafia and other gangs are mercenaries who are always murdering eachother. Don Corleone is depicted as generally committing his sins for the better of his world. But he is a fabrication.
Nevertheless I can't help feeling somewhat amazed at how efficiently the bastards run themselves. Especially in the old days of sicily. Not even Mussolini finished them off!

Re: Two Questions... #197530
06/04/03 04:02 PM
06/04/03 04:02 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ever since I was about 11/12 I had been interested in mafia/gangster movies or tv shows, but it wasn't til GF that I really got into it. More so movies than obtaining info on the real life mafia. However, since joining the BB, I am also interested in the real life mobsters stories.

I agree that they are criminals...no way around that and they do deserve to get punished, and yet they are fascinating for whatever reason.

As far as ever joining, well, even if I could, I doubt they'd want me. I can't even imagine what function I could serve. Muscle???? I'd get my ass kicked and probably be dead in a day and "TIS, you won't be seeing her no more" !!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Two Questions... #197531
06/04/03 05:11 PM
06/04/03 05:11 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
As far as ever joining, well, even if I could, I doubt they'd want me. I can't even imagine what function I could serve. Muscle???? I'd get my ass kicked and probably be dead in a day and "TIS, you won't be seeing her no more" !!

TIS
So all those threats to me in chatroom were crap?! great, I'll take note for future reference!

As for me: I would like to see it still in its prime like in the 30s. But I don't have the benefit of reading too much on it--YET! Turnbull is a master at this, and like he said, the guys are just scum. But I still don't know if I'd like to see them go down.

As for joining: no, I don;t think I would/could join. If I had to, I'd say..well, I couldn't, because I haven't read enough on any of them to decide.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Two Questions... #197532
06/04/03 05:17 PM
06/04/03 05:17 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
It is very fun to learn about them. Indeed it is. But I have no sympathy for them when the FBI goes afte rthem. Mainly because all criminal organizations should fall to make the world a safer and better place. I am so keen to see the Federal Government trample Mexican drug organizations more than any.

Which Family would I join? Neither. But if I was forced to at gun point I would choose the Genevese Family. It is the richest, largest and most powerful Cosa Nosta Family in America. If not, the world

Re: Two Questions... #197533
06/04/03 07:42 PM
06/04/03 07:42 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[/qb]
So all those threats to me in chatroom were crap?! great, I'll take note for future reference!

No, those threats were real!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Two Questions... #197534
06/04/03 08:23 PM
06/04/03 08:23 PM
DC
pacino princess Offline
Underboss
pacino princess  Offline
Underboss
DC
I don't know what is..this facination..But it's definitely there. I don't think I'd ever wanna join the mafia and I'm glad the mafia crumbled. Come on , we love the movies, the characters, the romantic aspects of it, but we all know how it works in real life, it aint glamorous and it sure as hell isn't moral. So, unless we're talking 50 years ago and Vito Corleone, theres no place for the mafia in my heart or in this era.

Re: Two Questions... #197535
06/05/03 12:07 AM
06/05/03 12:07 AM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
I suppose, getting fucked by the government is much, much better.

I would much rather live my life doing something artistic then shooting people. Or having to fight to keep my anal virginity in jail, or comitting murder in jail to keep the aforementioned.

However, since there will always be crime, I would like to keep around the least the sloppy epitome of organized crime, even at their worst time.

Re: Two Questions... #197536
06/21/03 06:37 AM
06/21/03 06:37 AM
A Doggy Dogg World
OkieBoy Offline
Wiseguy
OkieBoy  Offline
Wiseguy
A Doggy Dogg World
To be honest, I am NOT happy to see La Cosa Nostra crumbling, now lets be real,the Mafia is behind alot of things. If there is this very classy club that you go to, some sort of crime runs it.Crimes keep the cities going. More people would be in the mob if those movies never came out. They all loose in the end which is true. Lets say this, smoking was a trend until they figured out that it hurts you. We started figuring out that mafias do hurt people. The reason street gangs were created was because people didn't want to get commited. and in gangs everyone got respect, you didn't have to go threw the ranks. and if you wanted to be popular you could just say you were in a gang, if you started telling everyone in town that you were in a mafia you would get killed, but if you say you are in a street gang people will beleive you because there is no one to say they are lying. Like if your in a mafia you have atleast seen and talked to the don. In street gangs they have never even met or seen the boss. You can join street gang at will. But street gangs are how mafias are gonna end up. People coming in and out of them, no accual boss and no rules. and I hate to see little punks that don't know anything claim to be something.
And I would be in the Hoover Family, It's a non-italian mafia. It is an all nationality family.

When you join a family, you're just like every other man in this world. You're were brought an offer you couldn't refuse.You were just lookin' for an easier life. Friends are bullshit when it comes to business, your best friend can kill you.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull