GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 671 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,489
Posts1,061,836
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mafia Marriage #197160
05/09/03 02:08 PM
05/09/03 02:08 PM
Detroit
DonEthereal_313 Offline OP
Made Member
DonEthereal_313  Offline OP
Made Member
Detroit
Ok, again this is for my story...

When a son of the Don gets married, how exactly is his new wife...uhh..."handled"? Is she sworn in, or is she just part of the family? Do they even swear in women?

BTW, what is the "official" term for a son who is being trained to take over the family some day? (i.e. brother B is the underboss, so brother A is third in line) And has anyone ever heard of a 16-17 year old Capo? Loanshark? Thanks in advance.

-Ethereal

Re: Mafia Marriage #197161
05/09/03 03:07 PM
05/09/03 03:07 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
No women are inducted into the Mafia. Women are of no consequence in the Mob. Wives of made men aren't even acknowledged. A made man is expected to "keep his family in line," meaning that he's responsible for making sure his wife doesn't rat him or any other Mob guys out. Presumably he could be ordered to whack her if she "stepped out of line." The only "rules" that apply to wives are that a made guy cannot fool around with another made guy's wife; and that a made man is supposed to be "loyal" to his wife--which means that he can have girlfriends and mistresses galore, as long as he doesn't divorce his wife or "disrespect" her by cavorting "openly" with a mistress or girlfriend. "Openly" is open to interpretation (usually in favor of the man).
Very few Mob bosses have trained their sons to take over, mostly because they'd prefer their children to be successful in the legit world (or as close to legit as they can get). And in those few cases where Mob bosses have expected their sons to take over, they've caused heaps of trouble with others in the family who had their own expectations--attest Alphonse (Allie Boy) Persico, Salvatore (Bill) Bonanno and John (Junior) Gotti. An out-and-out war is the likely outcome, so the Don tends to keep his intentions quiet. You must be thinking of Charlie Chan designated a pecking order for his boys: "Number One Son, Number Two Son," etc.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mafia Marriage #197162
05/10/03 10:10 AM
05/10/03 10:10 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
The youngest Capo i've ever heard of was around 26-29. And I think that was the zip Cesare Bonventre. He was in on the hit of his boss Carmine Galante who had just a few months earlier been released from prison.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Mafia Marriage #197163
05/10/03 05:22 PM
05/10/03 05:22 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Hey Turnbull!!

I know the mob is nowhere near as widespread as it use to be in the US. However, since it does still exist (and more so in Sicily), can you see it ever changing with the times, to the point where women would be involved either in the US or Sicily? Or do you see it as gradually disappearing forever?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Mafia Marriage #197164
05/10/03 08:18 PM
05/10/03 08:18 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
TIS, as long as there's greed, there's going to be organized crime. But thanks to RICO, it's getting to be far too hazardous for anyone to be a "made" member of the Mafia. I think the Mafia as we know it will fade into obscurity, and other gangs will take over, concentrating on specific rackets (like drugs). It's already happened in a big way in most cities. And yes, women are already involved. But if there continue to be Mafia initiations, I doubt that women will be included.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mafia Marriage #197165
05/12/03 12:11 AM
05/12/03 12:11 AM
Chicago, IL
V
Valentina Mafia Princess Offline
Wiseguy
Valentina Mafia Princess  Offline
V
Wiseguy
Chicago, IL
The Italian Stallionette ....

I think in Italian Mafia culture {most women are treated as role players} it's not going to change as long as the 'good old boy's network is in charge. I'm sure in other ethnic mafia's it's possible to have a female Don, though I'm sure their's another name for it. The Italian Mafia is just more well known worldwide. On the otherhand, an italian women could still become a mob boss if she had an 'independent operation'. The problem arises with Italian men, can they take orders from a woman who's not their mom...?

Official DJ FunkyGrrL Site
http://www.asamodel.net/
Re: Mafia Marriage #197166
05/12/03 02:23 PM
05/12/03 02:23 PM
Detroit
DonEthereal_313 Offline OP
Made Member
DonEthereal_313  Offline OP
Made Member
Detroit
Turnbull,

Thanks for the info...everyone else too. But I still have a problem. Here's the scenario:

Michael Vetitoe is 16. What kind of position could he hold in the family? He's one of those slick, could be a straight A student, but dosen't give a big enough crap. Type of kid that can talk his way into then back out of anything. Any ideas? (Again, this concerns my story)

I have really no other sources, so you guys are my only hope. Any type of books (Idiot's guide and WiseGuy = got it) that would be of help to me? Thanks again.

-Ethereal

Re: Mafia Marriage #197167
05/12/03 10:55 PM
05/12/03 10:55 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Turnbull. How are you?

Is there a chance a Russian Mob, Southeastern Asian triad or Japanese Yakuza might start working considerably in America and become what the Italian mafia once was?

Any chance that with the eye of the FBI, away from it, that it could come back, to at least a fraction of it's power and learn from its mistakes? Italian mobsters have proved to have resourcefulness in the past.

I once watched this documentary on the history of LCN in America and at the end the man said " it's back to the streets to where it's started, with a couple of Italian kids on the street..".. What do you think?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull