GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (joepuzzles234, Ciment, 1 invisible), 754 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,489
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,531
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,443
Posts1,061,053
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A question for all of you... #21320
02/01/05 06:07 PM
02/01/05 06:07 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline OP
Made Member
Lollie  Offline OP
Made Member
Michigan
In GFII, when Frank Pentangeli goes to the tavern to meet with the Rosato brothers, who is the guy who throws the wire around Frank's neck and says, "Michael Corleone says hello" and proceeds to try to kill Frankie, why did he say that? If Michael didn't sent Frank P. to kill Frankie, who did and why? I think GFII left me with more questions than it answered!

~~ Lollie

"Sono una roccia; Sono un'isola...una roccia non ritiene dolore; un'isola non grida mai."
Re: A question for all of you... #21321
02/01/05 06:36 PM
02/01/05 06:36 PM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Hi Lollie! smile

The guy who tries to kill Frankie is Tony Rosato.
He said "Michael Corleone says hello" to cover Roth who was really the man behind that attemt.That way,everyone will think Micahel is responsible,and he will be the next target.That was a brilliant move by Roth to get rid of Frankie and Mike at the same process...you cant blame Roth,he thought he was gonna live forever! grin

Frankie survived and yet Roth's plan proved itself coz Frankie was after Michael in court.

Re: A question for all of you... #21322
02/01/05 09:23 PM
02/01/05 09:23 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
This is one of the all-time Top Ten Most-Asked Questions on these boards. My view:
Roth intended for the Rosato brothers to kill Frankie, not to have a cop come in and rescue Frankie at the last second. Not even Roth was clever enough to have bet his life on a split-second-timed plot to turn Frankie against Michael. Why would he even try, when he already had Michael in his killing-bottle in Havana?

The simplest explanation is one that has been uncovered by Godfather scholars in an interview with Danny Aiello, who played Carmine Rosato. Aiello admits he ad-libbed the famous line, and Francis Coppola, for some reason (probably inadvertence), permitted the ad-lib to remain in the film, to the eternal bafflement of Godfather fans. But it’s also possible that Coppola, the most careful of directors, allowed it to remain because it fit the plot, even though Carmine intended to kill Frankie all along. “Michael Corleone says hello” was intended not for Frankie—but for Richie, the bartender, whose ginmill was being used to set up Frankie.

It’s obvious that Richie is a “civilian,” not a Made Man, and he’s nervous as hell about his bar being used for a murder (“Carmine, NO, not HERE!” he screams after the cop enters and Rosato draws his gun). Carmine knows that Richie might be squeezed by the cops investigating Frankie’s murder. Richie would be too fearful of Carmine to identify him as the killer. Still, as a civilian, Richie is not bound by the code of omerta. So Carmine hands Richie something he can give the cops so that Richie can get off the hook: “The murderers said, ‘Michael Corleone says hello.’ ” That line would set the police after Michael, and would be picked up by the press-- another nail into the coffin of Michael Corleone’s “legitimacy.” Clever Roth!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: A question for all of you... #21323
02/01/05 10:00 PM
02/01/05 10:00 PM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Turnbull,youre a good man grin -but you should replace all the Carmines in your post for Tonys,Danny Aiello was Tony Rosato. wink
Other than that,I agree with you that the cop being part of the plan is totally ridiculous!
You have no idea how far people go...I actually heard someone saying that the girl who was tied up in the "superman" show was Lois Lane. grin grin

Re: A question for all of you... #21324
02/02/05 07:55 AM
02/02/05 07:55 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
Originally posted by Turnbull:
This is one of the all-time Top Ten Most-Asked Questions on these boards.
Then why don't you simply link the answer. I think you already answered this question a thousand times (including for me when I was new here smile )

Re: A question for all of you... #21325
02/02/05 10:49 AM
02/02/05 10:49 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Then making a FAQ for GF topics and making it sticky will be a nice idea. I can help with this by searching and consolidating answers. Though now I am a little busy, after Feb 13, I think I can start.
I saw an old thread listing top 10 Questions, but can the old timers come up with a fresh(and official grin ) top 10 Q of all time?

Re: A question for all of you... #21326
02/02/05 11:25 AM
02/02/05 11:25 AM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Forums are there for people to interact,ask questions,reply,the communication between people is not less important than the answers themseles.
It is more interesting that way,and there can always be new answers from different people.
Its like schools or university-you actually have to sit and listen to the teacher,thats part of the communication.If there was no need for that,students could be told to simply sit and study in the library since all the material is there anyway.

But the most important thing for this forum,is that new members register to ask these questions and then sometimes they stick around after that.

If the answers were there in the FAQ,maybe some of the active members in this forum today would not be here coz they wouldnt bother to join and ask what is already answered.
You know how it is,first you come here with questions about the godfather movies,then people reply,and you make contact and you're starting to like the place a lot,and then you start posting all over the forum grin

Re: A question for all of you... #21327
02/02/05 01:52 PM
02/02/05 01:52 PM
Tennessee
marlon Offline
Made Member
marlon  Offline
Made Member
Tennessee
I completely agree with Debra. The first question I asked had probably been asked a hundred times before, but I have enjoyed the board ever since.

Re: A question for all of you... #21328
02/02/05 06:08 PM
02/02/05 06:08 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Debra:

Forums are there for people to interact,ask questions,reply,the communication between people is not less important than the answers themseles.
It is more interesting that way,and there can always be new answers from different people.
Its like schools or university-you actually have to sit and listen to the teacher,thats part of the communication.If there was no need for that,students could be told to simply sit and study in the library since all the material is there anyway.

But the most important thing for this forum,is that new members register to ask these questions and then sometimes they stick around after that.

If the answers were there in the FAQ,maybe some of the active members in this forum today would not be here coz they wouldnt bother to join and ask what is already answered.
You know how it is,first you come here with questions about the godfather movies,then people reply,and you make contact and you're starting to like the place a lot,and then you start posting all over the forum grin
I agree. And by stating that this is one of the Top Ten Most Asked Questions, I wasn't signaling irritation--just letting Lollie know that a lot of people also are puzzled by this plot twist. Also, my reply doesn't deserve to be a FAQ, it's just my opinion. Others here have their own. It's one of the things that makes these boards fun. smile

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: A question for all of you... #21329
02/02/05 08:06 PM
02/02/05 08:06 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by Turnbull:
And by stating that this is one of the Top Ten Most Asked Questions, I wasn't signaling irritation--just letting Lollie know that a lot of people also are puzzled by this plot twist.
This was my beginning question when I first visited these boards. I didn't like that a few yahoos replied, "Oh, geez, another newbie asking THAT question AGAIN".

I suspect we'll have a FAQ section set aside here for movie and book related issues one day, but I hope it won't prevent good questions being asked by new members. Even though some subjects have been discussed ad infinitum, a new member will sometimes bring with him/her a new slant on the subject and thats always welcome.

Re: A question for all of you... #21330
02/02/05 08:17 PM
02/02/05 08:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Lollie,

I am always happy to see new members ask legitmate questions that contribute to the boards and our common interests. Even if they are repeat questions, it does not matter to me. As SC said, the most dissapointing reply to a new persons post is to see someone answer by saying "This question has been asked 100 times...yada, yada, yada." It does not matter how many times over a question is asked by newcomers! I think I can speak for many, including Geoff, SC, Turnbull and myself when I say keep the questions coming, for it is enjoyable for the "veterans" of the board to see the new people show a legitimate interest in what we all enjoy!

Only problem I have when a newbie posts a question to the boards is that our esteemed Turnbull wink always beats me by posting a reply before I do! wink Love ya Turnbull! grin

Newbies, keep on askin! [Linked Image]

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: A question for all of you... #21331
02/02/05 08:29 PM
02/02/05 08:29 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Turnbull,youre a good man grin -but you should replace all the Carmines in your post for Tonys,Danny Aiello was Tony Rosato. wink
Debra, what's the matter with you? I think your brains gone sour from all those posts over in the general discussion thread! Never let anyone outside the family know what you are thinking! wink Danny Aiello played...um, uh, Turnbull? Actually Debra is correct! eek He did play Tony! See below :

PENTANGELI : I don't like the C-note Rosato -- I take that as an insult

[TONY ROSATO comes up from behind and begins to garrote PENTANGELI.]

TONY ROSATO : Michael Corleone says hello!

[He drags him over to a phone booth where he is joined by two other BUTTONMEN.]

BUTTONMAN #1 : Get his head in.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: A question for all of you... #21332
02/02/05 08:32 PM
02/02/05 08:32 PM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Don Cardi,just a samll off topic question:
I was looking at the members directory,and your name had the title "Consigliere" under it.Does that mean that you're like SC,only undercover? grin
(you're not trying to build a secret regime are you? grin )
I guess you used to be one before SC?same question about Plawrence-he also has the same title.

Re: A question for all of you... #21333
02/02/05 08:45 PM
02/02/05 08:45 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi,just a samll off topic question:
I was looking at the members directory,and your name had the title "Consigliere" under it.Does that mean that you're like SC,only undercover? grin
(you're not trying to build a secret regime are you? grin )
I guess you used to be one before SC?same question about Plawrence-he also has the same title.
Plawrence and I are in the process of starting our "own" family, but we are having a hard time convincing SC to join us, for if we can lure SC onto our side, then for Don malta it would be like Don Vito losing his Luca Brasi! wink lol

No, actually I think that you see consigliere next to both Plawrence and my names is because we are co-administrators of some of the other threads on here. Plawrence over in the sports thread, and I in the Scarface thread. Ok Mang! Is dat a cood enuff esplanation for chu mang? grin Seriously though. I believe these are the reasons that our Don Malta has given Plaw and myself consigliere status. Geoff, care to elaborate?

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: A question for all of you... #21334
02/02/05 08:49 PM
02/02/05 08:49 PM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] Turnbull,youre a good man grin -but you should replace all the Carmines in your post for Tonys,Danny Aiello was Tony Rosato. wink
Debra, what's the matter with you? I think your brains gone sour from all those posts over in the general discussion thread! Never let anyone outside the family know what you are thinking! wink Danny Aiello played...um, uh, Turnbull? Actually Debra is correct! eek He did play Tony! See below :

PENTANGELI : I don't like the C-note Rosato -- I take that as an insult

[TONY ROSATO comes up from behind and begins to garrote PENTANGELI.]

TONY ROSATO : Michael Corleone says hello!

[He drags him over to a phone booth where he is joined by two other BUTTONMEN.]

BUTTONMAN #1 : Get his head in.

Don Cardi cool [/b]
I think we all get confused about the Rosato brothers. smile
Besides who cares about a few mistakes?were all people. wink
Ok,were not all people,Turnbull is an Encyclopedia grin

Re: A question for all of you... #21335
02/02/05 08:56 PM
02/02/05 08:56 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
All moderators have the honorary rank of Consigliere. Don Cardi and plawrence have chosen to "override" this title and choose one of their own underneath their avatars.

Re: A question for all of you... #21336
02/02/05 09:13 PM
02/02/05 09:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by SC:
All moderators have the honorary rank of Consigliere. Don Cardi and plawrence have chosen to "override" this title and choose one of their own underneath their avatars.
Tell Debra the truth SC, Geoff considered me a bad wartime consigliere, and you a good one, even though you are not a sicilian, so he stripped my rank! wink grin

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: A question for all of you... #21337
02/02/05 09:53 PM
02/02/05 09:53 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Geoff considered me a bad wartime consigliere, so he stripped my rank!
Give Geoff enough Stoli martinis and he'll strip ANYTHING! lol

Re: A question for all of you... #21338
02/04/05 11:02 PM
02/04/05 11:02 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline OP
Made Member
Lollie  Offline OP
Made Member
Michigan
Don Cardi:

Thanks for your kind explanation. I have to admit that I was taken a little aback by the response. Anyone who is a newbie to a board is going to ask questions that have been asked and answered many times. To have someone respond with a somewhat negative tone to it really makes the newbie feel like he/she probably has nothing much to contribute and will generally quit and go find another board that isn't as impatient.

I was very happy to see that you had a FAQ section and I usually visit those threads to ensure that I don't ask questions that have already been answered--it not only saves the members from having to ask the question again for the 9,999 time, but also saves the newbie from having to ask a question that has already been answered.

Again, thanks for the clarification, Don Cardi!

~~ Lolly

"Sono una roccia; Sono un'isola...una roccia non ritiene dolore; un'isola non grida mai."
Re: A question for all of you... #21339
02/04/05 11:27 PM
02/04/05 11:27 PM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Originally posted by Lollie:

I have to admit that I was taken a little aback by the response.

Please dont feel that way.Maybe it happens in other threads where people reply with a bad tone but I can assure you that both M.M.Floors and svsg are GREAT members and very nice people from what ive seen so far. smile
M.M just wanted to help Turnbull and help people get quicker responses,and svsg just wanted to help everyone who has questions. smile

So please dont feel bad at all,I think I can speak for everyone in this thread that we are all VERY happy you joined and we would like to reply to ANY question you might have. smile

Re: A question for all of you... #21340
02/04/05 11:39 PM
02/04/05 11:39 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline OP
Made Member
Lollie  Offline OP
Made Member
Michigan
Hi Debra:

You don't have to worry about me quitting! I don't quit that easily! All I was saying is that sometimes people don't realize how they come off with a new person. I can be the same way, but it takes practice to be patient and try to learn how to better approach new people and the questions they may ask. It would take a little more than that for me to quit and if I decided to quit, I would make it very clear on the open Board why I was quitting. Everyone deserves an extra change--an opportunith to come around, or to readjust themselves. I was looking for moe bad attitude and if there was any more nasty comments, I would immediately bring it up to the moderator.

But, Debra, thank you so much for your explanation! It's people like you who can change the direction and focus of a board. I like what I've experienced so far here, and I intend to stick around for awhile, ok? wink

I'm glad to see that the people here discuss their questions or problems openly to the other members and that the other members respond back truthfully and openly. I really like that in a group. As long as everyone is respectful of other's feelings, there is nothing that can't be overcome! grin

~~ Lolly blush

Re: A question for all of you... #21341
02/04/05 11:50 PM
02/04/05 11:50 PM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Lollie,I'm a newbie myself and I can tell you that this place is indeed wonderful!Mostly because the people are so great,and for many other reasons.Its great that you want to stick around! smile

Personally,I will have to leave the forum for some time after tomorrow,because of problems in real life,but I will be back here someday and I hope to see you then! smile

Take care,

Deb

Re: A question for all of you... #21342
02/04/05 11:52 PM
02/04/05 11:52 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

and for many other reasons
my ears are burning blush

grin

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: A question for all of you... #21343
02/04/05 11:56 PM
02/04/05 11:56 PM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:

grin
ok,ok,DMC is one of the main reasons! smile

happy now? grin

Re: A question for all of you... #21344
02/05/05 12:14 AM
02/05/05 12:14 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b]

grin
ok,ok,DMC is one of the main reasons! smile

happy now? grin [/b]
uh huh blush

lol lol

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: A question for all of you... #21345
02/05/05 12:18 AM
02/05/05 12:18 AM
Debra Offline
Capo
Debra  Offline
Capo
I was kidding but I really meant it! smile
You are a great member! smile

wait...im starting to sound like James Lipton eek eek grin

Re: A question for all of you... #21346
02/05/05 06:49 AM
02/05/05 06:49 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Lollie, I am sorry for offending you. The first thing they do on a usenet group is to write a faq and the forum rules. These 2 will be posted often for the new members. Ofcourse this is not a usenet group and my sugestion was uncalled for. Go ahead and ask any qustion you like, we have greatly knowledgable members like Turnbull who will answer any easy or difficult question!

Re: A question for all of you... #21347
02/05/05 06:50 PM
02/05/05 06:50 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline OP
Made Member
Lollie  Offline OP
Made Member
Michigan
svsg:

You don't have to apologize==really, like I said, it takes more than that to offend me. And if I were that offended, I would have said it right out.

DEBRA: What is DMC? The only DMC I know of is that AWFULL rap group...When are you leaving? Well, you can come and visit once in awhile, can't you?

~~ Lolly

Re: A question for all of you... #21348
02/09/05 08:30 PM
02/09/05 08:30 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
^^^^^^ lol When members have multiple words in thier user names, we abreviate them. DMC is Don Michael Corleone. I am DSC. Don Cardi is DC etc etc

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull