GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 422 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,886
Members10,349
Most Online992
4 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mob Cities... #193740
02/02/02 03:31 PM
02/02/02 03:31 PM
Brooklyn,NY.
T
Tyler Durden Offline OP
Capo
Tyler Durden  Offline OP
T
Capo
Brooklyn,NY.
At This Time..Which City Do You Think Has The Highest Crime In The U.S.?

Tony Montana

First rule of Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club. Second rule of Fight Club, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, when someone say "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over. Fourth rule of Fight Club, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule of Fight Club, one fight at a time. Sixth rule of Fight Club, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule of Fight Club, fights go on as long as they have to. Eighth and final rule of Fight Club if this is your first night at Fight Club you have to fight.
Re: Mob Cities... #193741
02/02/02 05:49 PM
02/02/02 05:49 PM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
i dont know, maybe new york i honestly have no idea. You know its hard to tell which one is more violent that the other most of the time. But we all know Miami is way up there, god bless miami i love this city

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." - Terry (Marlon Brando), On the Waterfront (1954). One of my favorites
Re: Mob Cities... #193742
02/03/02 11:27 AM
02/03/02 11:27 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Apparently, it's Washington, DC. Check out this site to compare:

http://www.movingvan.com/tools/CrimeTool.cfm

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mob Cities... #193743
02/08/02 11:29 PM
02/08/02 11:29 PM
Brooklyn,NY.
T
Tyler Durden Offline OP
Capo
Tyler Durden  Offline OP
T
Capo
Brooklyn,NY.
Thank You All For Replying!

DonAlx-Thanks For Your Emphasis On This Topic.
Turnbull-Great Site Man! Where Do You Find This Stuff?
Rusty-Great Post! I Appreciate It!

Tony Montana

First rule of Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club. Second rule of Fight Club, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, when someone say "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over. Fourth rule of Fight Club, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule of Fight Club, one fight at a time. Sixth rule of Fight Club, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule of Fight Club, fights go on as long as they have to. Eighth and final rule of Fight Club if this is your first night at Fight Club you have to fight.
Re: Mob Cities... #193744
02/10/02 04:18 PM
02/10/02 04:18 PM
K
Kabul hitman Offline
Wiseguy
Kabul hitman  Offline
K
Wiseguy
The Mafia suffers from being apolitical. The most ruthless organisations are driven by political ideologies, not the pursuit of filthy lucre. Yeah, they need the moolah to finance their armed struggles but it's only a means to further their progress. The most feared and efficient organisation is based in Britain and Ireland. From accepting assistance from the Libyan godfather himself Gadafi aroung the time of Lockerbie bombing to teaching FARC how to use oxygen propelled mortars, the IRA is an absolute nightmare. Peter Mandelson ( ex Northern Ireland ,secretary of State appointed by Tony Blair) said recently in a men's magazine in Britain, that the Britsih governemnt doesn't have the stomach to fight the IRA and win. It could never win unless human rights abuses are taken as par for the course. There's a plethora of orgs like Amnesty Intl who'd go ga-ga if this happened. The Brits tried it with internment without trial, Dublin-Monaghan bombings of 1974( 34 dead, worst act of carnage on this island , alleged British security force collusion ) and Bloody Sunday in 1970s. This was the catalyst for mass youth recruitment to the Provos ( provisional IRA - 'Provos' or as they say in the north - 'hoods')
Nowadays, Sinn Fein - Armani suits, richest political party in Ireland, trained in PR ,intimidation techniques ,mass media by East German secret police in 1980s, drawing the queen's shilling - holding Westmnister offices, have entered Stormont too, once a bastion of Protestantism and sectarianism.

It was a Kalashnikov
Re: Mob Cities... #193745
02/13/02 09:47 AM
02/13/02 09:47 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Apparently, it's Washington, DC. Check out this site to compare:

http://www.movingvan.com/tools/CrimeTool.cfm
Thats a pretty usefull site for comparing crime in cities. Although I wouold like a British version or even an international one to compare NY to Birmingham or something.

The reason why this tool is usefull is because it isn't just saying which has the highest crime. It's useing a crime rate. I compared New York to Washington and although New York has a more crime it is unfair to say New York is worse. Because the population sizes differ. Obviously there is going to be more crime where there is a higher population. From this the crime rate is determined but a % for every 100,000 people.

I hope i've made sense.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Mob Cities... #193746
02/14/02 02:05 AM
02/14/02 02:05 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Yes, that's the intent of the statistic, Turi. I looked it up because Tony's quiery came just as the new NYC police commissioner bragged that NYC had the lowest crime rate of any large city in America. More crime in total, less per 100k population.
I, too, would like to see an international crime rate comparison. My impression is that British cities are fairly safe, but Rio, Moscow and Johannesburg are off the charts.

Re: Mob Cities... #193747
02/14/02 11:59 AM
02/14/02 11:59 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

The thing is statistics can be easily manipulated for Governments to make themselves look better.

For example while the Conservative party was in Government in England for I think something like 20 years (correct me if i'm wrong people). There definition for unemployed changed about 18 times. This is no exadurration. So every year they would show the rate of unemployment.

First their definition for unemployed was exactly what they said. Then through time it went to unemployed people who are over 18. Then unemployed people over 21.

And it just kept on changing. To make their statistics look better. I wouldn't be suprised if this still happens. I'm sure it does here in the UK and probably the US too.

There are lies, damned lies and STATISTICS.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Mob Cities... #193748
02/14/02 03:51 PM
02/14/02 03:51 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
They sure do cook the books here, Turi. Not just the government, either. I'm sure you've been following the machinations of Enron and Global Crossing, leading me to offer a paraphrase of your closing phrase:

There are lies, damned lies, and balance sheets.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull