GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 303 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Print Thread
Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218716
12/10/05 10:45 PM
12/10/05 10:45 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
\'Sopranos\' Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer\'s Shooting

Saturday, December 10, 2005

NEW YORK — A young police officer dying from a bullet to his chest shot two burglars early Saturday, one of them identified as an actor who played a misfit mobster on "The Sopranos."

Officer Daniel Enchautegui, 28, collapsed in the driveway of his Bronx home and died shortly afterward.

The wounded suspects were quickly captured. Investigators identified one as Lillo Brancato Jr. , an actor who got his break in the Robert De Niro-directed film "A Bronx Tale" [he played "C" aged 17] in 1993, and played doomed mob wannabe Matt Bevilacqua during the 1999-2000 season of "The Sopranos."

Brancato, 29, of Yonkers, was also arrested in June for alleged heroin possession.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the actor and another man were breaking into a vacant home when Enchautegui, who had just finished a late-night shift, heard the sound of smashing glass next door.

Enchautegui was off duty and in his street clothes, but he alerted his landlord and dialed 911 to report a possible burglary in progress. Then he grabbed his badge and a gun and went out to investigate.

His landlord heard Enchautegui shout, "Police! Don't move!" followed by a burst of gunfire, Kelly said.

The alleged gunman, Steven Armento of Yonkers, was shot four times and was in serious condition. Brancato, who police said was unarmed, was shot twice and was in critical condition.

Police said Armento had a lengthy history of arrests on weapons, drugs and burglary charges, and was running with the murder weapon when an officer spotted him near Enchautegui's home and ordered him to stop.

Because of their injuries, there were no immediate plans to arraign the suspects, said Steven Reed, a spokesman for the district attorney. He said he had no information about whether the suspects had lawyers who could comment.

Enchautegui, who was single and had been on the force for three years, was the second officer to die in the line of duty this year. Officer Dillon Stewart was shot in the heart Nov. 28 during a car chase; a suspect has been charged with murder.

"This is a loss to the department and the city," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said. "We now have another life to mourn, taken from us for no sensible reason."

Kelly praised the slain officer for his "incomprehensible courage."

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218717
12/11/05 01:14 AM
12/11/05 01:14 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Damn. ....and I thought Robert Iler was going downhill.

Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218718
12/11/05 01:40 AM
12/11/05 01:40 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Another example of someone who can't stand success.

Gee, I think I'll go out and get myself hooked on something that will probably kill me if it doesn't just harm me horribly, destroy my career, my family, and use up any money I have. Che stupido!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218719
12/11/05 01:55 AM
12/11/05 01:55 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I remember him. Didn't know his real name though.

Wow!! That's awful Burglarizing a vacant home???

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218720
12/11/05 04:06 AM
12/11/05 04:06 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I remember him. Didn't know his real name though.
Sure, TIS! You remembered those abs, but didn't remember his name -- I know where your mind is at!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218721
12/11/05 11:14 AM
12/11/05 11:14 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] I remember him. Didn't know his real name though.
Sure, TIS! You remembered those abs, but didn't remember his name -- I know where your mind is at!! [/b][/quote]

Do you notice that the news is playing up his Soprano role? Granted, he was in it, but only a few episodes. I think they like to "imply" a "crime" connection no?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218722
12/11/05 01:34 PM
12/11/05 01:34 PM
Toni_corleone Offline
War-time Consigliere
Toni_corleone  Offline
War-time Consigliere
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[qb] I remember him. Didn't know his real name though.
Sure, TIS! You remembered those abs, but didn't remember his name -- I know where your mind is at!! [/b][/quote]

Do you notice that the news is playing up his Soprano role? Granted, he was in it, but only a few episodes. I think they like to "imply" a "crime" connection no?

I agree with you on the news they said a sopranos star this and that this star from the sopranos blah blah all they did was say over and over he was on the sopranos and he wasn't that much of a star considering he was only in a few episodes than he died I mean its not like he was Pussy or anything.

Brucia la luna n'cielu
E ju bruciu d'amuri
Focu ca si consuma
Comu lu me cori

check out my new site
http://s3.invisionfree.com/This_Thing_of_Ours_2/
Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218723
12/12/05 11:03 AM
12/12/05 11:03 AM
Kentucky
Mr.MojoRisin Offline
Capo
Mr.MojoRisin  Offline
Capo
Kentucky
Yeah, if it were Pussy or Tony or somebody I'd see it as big news. Hell, he hasn't worked (except about 3 episodes of the Sopranos) since A Bronx Tale.

Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218724
01/21/06 07:27 PM
01/21/06 07:27 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Sad news indeed. Lillo was also in the short lived Falcone series. He gets whacked in the short lived series. Also besides a Bronx Tale, Brancato was in Crimson Tide along with James Gandolfini.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Sopranos Actor Suspect in NYPD Officer's Shooting #218725
01/27/06 04:10 PM
01/27/06 04:10 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
What a waste!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull