The first two Scarfaces were about immigrants who faced prejudice and felt the only way they could make it was by dominating crime. An Italian in the 1930's version, a Cuban in Miami in the 80's version. This version just has to be a Mexican immigrant. Who else? How would anyone expect anything else? The premise is perfect. I just don't get the Coen Bros writing it. I really don't care for their attempts to go completely dramatic. They're at their best when mixing dark comedy with drama. I really wish they'd do a movie on the LA mobs in the 40s and 50s. Dragna, Coen, Siegel, Frattiano. that would be right up their alley. Because a lot of those stories are unintentionally funny on their own like many of the Coen Bros characters and situations.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea