Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Originally Posted by Irishman12

A movie experience! At times while watching this, I had the same experience while watching GRAVITY back in 2013: suspenseful, realistic, believable, and an intimate connection that at times, makes you feel you're not watching a movie but right beside the characters. Wonderful set designs and cinematography. I've always been a fan of long one-take shots, and Mendes and company pull off an entire film that way masterfully. One of the best war movies probably ever and definitely the type of film to see on the big screen! I'm sure this will clean up at the Oscars next month. 8/10

Saw it today, did not think I was going to dig it since I’m more of a WW2 movie fan but this was really great and could not believe how realistic it was done.
Also enjoyed knowing how some of it was shot since you had posted that clip.

I can stand with that 8 as well.

I'm more of a World War II fan myself but 1917 is an experience in the cinema. Much like GRAVITY was (or at least, that's my opinion anyway). Looking forward to seeing it again!

"Im more a fan of WW2"...Myself included 12....but I will check this out ..it's on our firestick when u "jailbreak"??..my wife can conjure it up in our guest bedroom #2..just saw a movie w/ Viola Davis called "MA"...fuckin' horrific.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...