Originally Posted by The Italian Stallionette
I didn’t go through the past pages and check, but has anybody here seen The Joker? I find it really intriguing and from what I can tell Joaquin Phoenix seems totally into the part. Another question, I’m not a huge Batman fan at all but loved The Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger’s fantastic performance, so maybe a dumb question but this is the same joker in relationship to Batman? And I am assuming it’s telling his story of how he got to be the joker. Am I correct? I have HBO on it’s coming on this month, and I think I’m going to check it out

Also, what about “Once Upon Time In Hollywood?” I have to admit the music is appealing and I’m guessing I’ll be able to relate to the era. Has anyone seen it?

😀

TIS

Yes TIS, I've seen both. To answer your questions about JOKER, it was my favorite movie of last year and if the Academy doesn't give Joaquin Phoenix the Oscar, they're robbing him of it. I was apprehensive when I first heard the project announced, figuring DC/Warner Bros. would screw it up. But once Joaquin was attached, I became more interested. I saw it twice in the theaters and once since then and have absolutely loved it! A truly powerful film. And yes, this is the Joker in relation to Batman but different than Ledger's Joker. This film is more about the Joker and not about Batman, so don't go in to it expecting action or to see a lot of Batman as this is a character study of how the Joker became the way he is.

As for ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, again, I've seen it multiple times and enjoyed it. It's on my Top Ten list of 2019 films. I love anything Tarantino so I'm a little biased. It's not his best film but it's far from his worse (it's somewhere in the middle). Definitely worth checking out IMO.