Originally Posted by Irishman12
Enjoyable reviews for both DOCTOR SLEEP and MIDSOMMAR Lilo! Did you see the Director's Cut of MIDSOMMAR? It adds almost 30 minutes of footage and I personally think it's better than the original cut. Also, have you seen HEREDITARY and if so, which did you like better? Being that these are the only films I've seen from Ari Aster, I'm looking forward to seeing what he puts out next!

Thx. I didn't see the director's cut for Midsommar. With 30 minutes added it might be worthwhile if it alters the pacing or explains some things. I'll look for it. I did see Hereditary. I liked that film a little better. I thought that Aster's apparent irritation over his break up might have (in retrospect) made him put his thumb on the scale a bit insofar as who he wanted the audience to sympathize with.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.