FORD V FERRARI

James Mangold is a little hit (COP LAND, WALK THE LINE, LOGAN) and miss for me (3:10 TO YUMA, THE WOLVERINE). But I went in to this expecting good things and while it's entertaining, with a lot of racing, the films seems basic to me. I've heard Oscar rumors swirling around Bale's and Damon's performances (Bale's I can agree with, Damon's is a bit of a stretch for me). Other than that duo, the film is pretty flat. 6/10

CHARLIE'S ANGELS

I shouldn't have been surprised by how poorly this film turned out. A movie that's "woke," where identity politics are constantly thrown at you. A female empowerment movie where females have evolved, but men are still stuck in their old, sexist, never growing ways. And naturally the villain has to be white and male. Putting politics aside, horrible "jokes" are spouted throughout the film to balance out a few bad fight scenes. And to top it off, Kristen Stewart's character came off as ditzy and annoying. The movies reviews are panning it and for obvious reasons. Hopefully they don't make a sequel to this trainwreck and I advise others to pass on this! 4/10