Originally Posted by OakAsFan
pmac, I thought all bosses had to be approved by the commission. I suppose there no longer really is a commission. I've read they haven't met since the 80s.

I assume the bosses don’t all sit down at a table together and discuss business in person. But that doesn’t mean they don’t still weigh in on decisions.

My guess is each boss has a messenger that goes and delivers information to the other families. That messenger might even be an associate or low level solider who is able to work directly with the boss, especially ones who are blood family members. Like Chin Gigante’s son I assume did that back in the day.

Some of these “associates” really work directly for the boss instead of being under a soldier. They have small titles or even are kept from being made to keep them out of getting long sentences. But their lack of a heavy title hides their true power. Like Michael Perisco is an assocate, right? But he’s the son of the boss so he has a lot more power than a normal associate.

That’s what I’m guessing Todaro Jr. did down in Florida when he supposedly consulted with New York about Violi as underboss. I doubt Todaro was sitting down at brunch in Boca with Frank Cali and Barney Bellomo, lol. Each boss probably sent their representative to give him their blessing.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb