FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY

I should probably begin this with a disclosure that I am a WWE fan and I was very glad to see this project get a serious and proper theatrical release with some name actors, specifically Nick Frost and Lena Headey. In saying that, this is your typical, feel good sports movie with nothing much really added to it and at times felt it was just another platform for WWE to market themselves to fans/potential new fans. The film follows a young woman Paige (real name Saraya Knight) and her brother Zak who grew up in a wrestling family. While WWE is briefly in England they both are invited to tryout. Paige is selected while her older brother is not. Paige has to move away from her family to train in the States and in striving to become a WWE Superstar, finds her true self in the process. Florence Pugh who plays Saraya/Paige does a great job displaying Paige's vulnerability and lack of self-confidence. Typically, I like Vince Vaughn's work but felt he was a little out of place with this role as the WWE trainer. Overall, I did enjoy this film and I would like to see more of these made as others have equally inspiring stories to tell. 6/10