Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Originally Posted by Irishman12
COLD PURSUIT

Liam Neeson is back at it again. Glad to see him still kicking ass at 66. Seriously, can everyone stop messing with this mans family because for those that do, they get dealt with. A humorous and at times bloody tale about a father who tracks down the people responsible for his sons death. I honestly enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would; however, the whole subplot in regards to White Bull and the Native Americans could have been scrapped and the film would have been tighter by about 20+ minutes. 6.5/10

I recommend the Scandinavia film In Order of Disappearance that Cold Pursuit is a remake of. It is good and the performances of Skarsgard in the lead role and Ganz in the role of the Serbian crime boss are unforgettable, with a good round out cast with two who had a breakout role after the movie.

I was wondering if the original was any good since this was a remake. Thanks for the feedback. Did you see COLD PURSUIT yet? If/when you do, I'd be curious how it stacks up to the original.

ST. AGATHA

Yes, I was torn whether or not to see this and while I was going to pass on it, I did see some (surprisingly) good reviews for it. There were some other not so favorable reviews as well and I fall in to that category. Where to begin? The film isn't so much a mess as they do flashbacks every so often to help fill in the gaps (although one character who's referenced twice was never made clear who she was but anyway). The film follows Mary, later renamed Agatha, in the convent she's run away to while pregnant in 1950's Georgia. Carolyn Hennesy does her best Nurse Ratched impression as Mother Superior and she's really the only redeeming part of the film. The "big reveal" at the end wasn't as surprising as you'd think as everything is pretty noticeable before it's reveled (although I went in a somewhat different way with the ending which I felt would have played better). This didn't get much marketing and for good reason. 4/10

THE PRODIGY

What I originally intended on seeing was this so I made it a double feature. I'm typically not a huge fan of child actors (they annoy me for some reason) but Jackson Robert Scott really gives a creepy and enjoyable performance. The movie was and wasn't what I thought it was going to be from the previews (without spoiling too much) but I did somewhat enjoy the boldness the film took with the story. A few jump scares but overall, again, you mostly see everything coming. A pass for theaters but might not be bad to catch via streaming. 5/10