Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Debating getting a streaming device to stay current.

Have cable and feel it does not offer enough.

Any advice?

Do you already have Amazon Prime? That's not a bad one for Prime members. The standard is still probably Netflix, however, I do know their prices went up recently. Filmstruck shut down towards the end of last year but the Criterion Channel is launching on April 8. I just signed up for it yesterday.

Yesterday I watched SUMMER OF '84. I was pretty disappointed in this. I love nostalgia (especially for the '80s) but this I felt tried too hard for it and felt it tried too hard to be in the realm of STRANGER THINGS to a certain extent. Furthermore:

SPOILERS

I don't like movies that tell you who the killer is from the beginning. The entire movie you're trying to figure out if they really did it or not and by the time you get to the end and find out they actually did do it, I always feel it's a let down. It reminded me of REAR WINDOW in this way which I'm not a huge fan of. I like Hitchcock and I understand the point of the movie is for the main characters to prove the killer actually did do it, but for my money, I'm not in to these type of films.