Got around to watching Halloween (2018). I thought it was pretty mediocre. The scene showing the aftermath of the escape had the potential to be a lot better but it fell flat, like much of the movie. The scene in the toilet was a rehash of a much more effective scene in what I believe was Halloween H20. I don't know what the point was of the two British actors who were in the start of the movie and killed off early on; I'm not entirely sure they were necessary. I also think the twist with the new Loomis at the end was treated pretty ham-fistedly.

Just overall I think it was a pretty poorly written and poorly acted movie.

One more thing. Michael Myers is written in this movie as a single-minded monster who does nothing but move and kill. His raison d'être is to kill Laurie Strode. This is impressed upon the viewer. Yet in several scenes after killing somebody he will stage their corpse in an elaborate and complex manner. For example: he turns a decapitated human head into a jack-o-lantern; and he puts a ghost costume over another corpse. It just doesn't seem consistent and true to the character.

No prizes for guessing that the worst performance in the movie is that of Miles Robbins, the son of Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon, showing that nepotism is still truly alive and well in Hollywood.

I remarked to myself that the actresses that portray Jamie Lee Curtis's daughter and granddaughter looked more like sisters than mother and daughter. I go to their Wikipedia pages and one is 43 and one is 23. However different sources give different ages for the granddaughter. She could be as old as 30 according to one source listed. Either way she's in the running for one of the oldest looking people to portray a teenager in a movie I've seen.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.