Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by pmac
if gallo put the black up to kill colombo it makes my point no one respected that shit it was a insult to all the mafia and he was whacked what a yr later not even. it happens i see, the genovese guys tried to pay a black gangster recently kill bonelli in queens. bonelli showed up to court and called them all pussys.

I believe they were a few who at best could be called associates, more appropriately dummy wannabes who tried to hurt Back guys to kill Bonelli, who if what I read on another site is correct, was not an associate but a local problem to the originator of the plan. They did try to invoke a Genovese member in it, but as soon as they told him their plans he walked out on them.

Capeci said that a man, who owned a gas station had set things in motion and went to Bonelli's home to apologize after everything came out. He was beaten up by Bonelli.

Bonelli was another guy that the mob desperately wanted to kill. I didn't know that Louie Sunoco (the gas station guy) had been beaten up by Bonelli. I also wonder if Bonelli is still active. He is certainly out of favor with both the Genovese and Bonannos. (Basciano wanted him dead too)