Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
So it's getting to the point where people [Bruce Mouw] are being libelled now re: the racketeer comment. Websites have gotten sued for less than that. Just for future reference, there is a difference between calling a mobster a criminal and calling someone with no connection to organised crime, other than prosecuting gangsters, a criminal. You can't do that! It's like me finding out JCrusher's real name and saying [he] sells drugs.

And people like Gotti hardly made a place like Howard Beach a safe haven from crime. It was a no go area for black people as recently as the early 90's. This is multicultural New York for God's sake, not Mississippi in the 40's.

If you're trying to scare me it won't work. As if Bruce Mouw is going to sue me and the site. I called him what he is, a crook. He exaggerated and built up Gotti into something bigger than he was before he was boss and contributed to his fame (which drives you up a wall) after he was boss. Bruce Mouw is also a public figure. Meanwhile you are making it personal again. Mind your business and leave me alone.

You also don't know this city, Howard Beach had Balck residents then Gotti lived there, and though they were. small minority, aside from the famous case of. fight made into a racial incident by Al Sharpton, it was. a safer area for Black people than their own neighborhoods. I hate talking race, but you had to go and play the race angle in your desperation to get after Gotti.