Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Agreed Moscone. You do the crime, you do the time. There's quite a few who live(d) by this - Vinny Basciano, Bruno Whack Whack Indelicato, Angelo Prisco, Gene Gotti... - and, in their world, they definitely deserve credit for this as opposed to guys like Gravano, Casso, Massino...who murdered and ordered the murders of tons of people (including a few who were not in the life in Casso's case) but didn't hesitate to sing like a canary when things got heated.

like i mentioned all these guys are scumbags whether they keep their mouth shut or not. Now Gene did his time and has an oppurtunity to live out the rest of his deaths peacefully. But i dont he deserves any type of props. He got away with a lot of Other crimes that he wasnt charged with too

This board discusses organized crime. We already know none of the people we're discussing right here are exactly a beacon of light in society. Constantly making judgement calls is not entirely necessary and doesn't really add much to the topic.

Not making judgment call at all. You misunderstood. My main point was that Gene did time for crimes but now is given the oppurtunity to be a free man.

That last part you only brought up once. You repeated about 3 times that mobsters are - whether they rat or not - scumbags. So I definitely feel that this is the point you were trying to make - which is definitely a judgment call. Of course, they're criminals. Criminals - whether organized or petty - aren't really of any benefit to any law abiding citizen. The thing is, we already know that and we don't need to be reminded of this time and time again. BUT as in any layer of society, some are worse than others. Yet anytime someone dares to state that a certain mobster is less terrible than the other, there's always someone else who feels he should do the moral compass act to remind us of the fact that every mobster should be rounded up and executed on the spot. Honestly, it gets tiresome and distracting after a while.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 09/08/18 06:55 PM.