Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Luciano was Sicilian but it wasn't a source of pride for him or anything. After all, it was his idea to branch out with non-Italians and Jews and form a nationwide syndicate.

According to one researcher, I think it may have been Thom Jones or one of the contributors to onewal.com's 'writers of wrongs blog's 'Masseria had Jewish partners. IIRC an early informant told his SS handler that 'Masseria was laying low at one point because a Jewish partner he had had just been pinched'. Most of what we claim to know about the Prohibition era and pre Prohibition era is complete nonsense based on the actual info.

I believe it was the Godfather's docu that used to air on History channel all the time where the guy said he ran into Luciano at the airport in Naples. Luciano asked him to 'talk New York' with him. The guy asked Luciano what his dogs name was, to which he responds 'Bambie, I like fairy tales.' I've always wondered if he would have enjoyed how he has been turned into one.

Just about everything out about Luciano comes from The Last Testament, which researchers have all but confirmed is 90% bs. Don't get me wrong he is a interesting guy with a great history but people like us have more to do with the immortal status he has then he ever really did. Luciano and Capone are what got me into researching the Mafia, but once you understand the actual established facts compared to the legend its kind of a let down.

P.S. I ask posters who I believe can contribute to the bh to join all the time. Nothing against bb it's just the way it is. I'll say this about gbb tho, in all the years it has been in operation many forums have come and gone but gbb is still here. And always will be imo, it's a credit to Don Cardi for keeping this place going when others may have moved on by now.

Last edited by kingoflittlenewyork; 09/02/18 08:53 PM.