Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Originally Posted by jace
Edmond Valin is a guy in Canada who makes guesses at who the rat is in his Rat Trap articles, he has nothing at all to go by for certain. He also has a noted tendency to pick the highest person he can as his suspected rat, and blends actual reports that don't name the informer with his opinions where he gives the name of the informer as if it's fact.
Just another of a million people with blogs who think they are experts.

If you are referring to him outing Bill Bonanno then he is right. Bill Bonanno was indeed an informant for the FBI. As far as I know, he might stamp his name on the article, but there are others helping him.

No, Bonanno was an informant later in life, I agree. I was referring to the bloggers other stories I read. He would take a vague snippet of a document and twist it to fit his own narrative.

Bill Bonanno became an informant during the Bonanno war, he was approached, but declined then in the fall when Joe Bonanno disappeared, he became an informant, then when Joe reappeared he stopped, and only gave vague details and information after that. Bill Bonanno was an informant before he even published his book.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green