LOVING PABLO

I was really looking forward to this as the trailer had my interest, as did the subject matter. Both Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz were very good in their roles as Pablo Escobar and Virginia Vallejo respectively. The film is about the longstanding affair the two had during Pablo's rise until his death in 1993. Virginia was a journalist in Columbia who since fled to America for fear of her life. She later wrote a book, which then became this film. Being that this is a love story, their isn't much violence in the film. I was a little disappointed with Bardem's performance as I was hoping he was going to bring more to the film. At times he seemed to mumble and it made it difficult to hear him. At other times, you can clearly tell he was wearing a prosthetic belly to show the weight gain of Pablo. I thought it had some promise and unfortunately, was somewhat of a let down. If you want to see a great show about Pablo watch NARCOS on Netflix. It's fantastic and Wagner Moura is outstanding as Pablo. 5.5/10