I was in a college in Ireland on business recently. Ireland recently held a vote on repealing abortion. The Yes side, in favor of repealing abortion, had posters plastered all over the college. I saw no paraphernalia from the No side, who were against abortion.

I thought places of learning were supposed to encourage critical thinking, and individuality, but it appears that the hive mind mentality is in full effect there, just as it is in America.

God forbid a person thinks about race and social issues objectively and come to their own conclusions.

Young people just want to be like other young people. They're not going to think individually about certain issues if they risk becoming pariahs among their peers.

So, blanket conformity is the name of the game. And, if they do feel a certain way about a hot button issue, which doesn't jive with their peers, they're not going to shout it from the rooftops.

Thus, the silent voter.

I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the neckbeards campaigning to repeal abortion in Ireland looked like they were doing it to try and get chicks LOL.

Kinda like liberal neckbeards in America who preach racial equality, yet would shit a brick if a black family moved into their white, upper class neighborhood in the suburbs.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.