Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by mustachepete
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
If Trump became a dictator, refused to vacate the office if voted out or impeached, refused to surrender to authorities if charged with a crime, would you still support him?

I don't think there's anything in the Constitution that prohibits people supporting someone for office, so what you have is essentially an ethical question. You'd have to supply a lot more detail to consider the hypothetical.

I didn't say there was anything illegal about supporting someone for office. And, yes, clearly it was an ethical question. More detail? What detail do you need? President is indicted and refuses to surrender to arrest, or president is impeached or voted out and refuses to leave office. Would you still support him, assuming you're a Trump supporter? I'm not sure I could make the question any simpler.

The question wasn't directed at me, but I will throw this out there:

If Trump was impeached by Congress and made a decision about the continuance of his tenure, I would support it. Why? Because it would be the law. Also, for Republicans to impeach and convict a Republican might mean the indicted was very guilty. So all the more reason to support it. BUT....that is separate from Trump's main policies...which are also sometimes centered around the rule of law.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."