Originally Posted by Irishman12
UPGRADE

UPGRADE is a film about a man who seeks revenge after he's attacked and his wife killed (in front of his very eyes no less). The main star, Grey Trace (played by Logan Marshall-Green), is left a quadriplegic after the attack. He tries an experimental new technology called The Stem, that is inserted into his neck and allows him to regain the use of his body. The Stem also gives Grey abilities he didn't have prior to his accident. The set pieces of this films are at times breathtaking and I applaud the crew for their designs as well as the advancements in technology that are displayed onscreen. We're not given a year when this film takes place but computers and machines are relied upon even more than they are today and are capable enough to do almost any task. For some reason (maybe because of the over-the-top, brutal violence) I was reminded of CRANK while watching this. While there isn't as much action in this film as there was in the former, it's definitely still a very fun and enjoyable ride. I'm unsure how much business it'll do at the box office, but it's good popcorn flick and has been getting some positive reviews as well. 6/10

Originally Posted by Irishman12

Wife loved this. I did not see c but she went with girlfriends they love flicks that were books, I think this one was.

Johnny Knoxville is at it again, destroying his body for our amusement. And while the only decent funny scenes are those that are reminiscent of his Jackass days, this is an actual film and not just a bland story woven around his stunts. Unfortunately, the laughs in this are far and few in between. If this is something you're interested in seeing, this is definitely one to wait until it's available for streaming. The film takes place in 1979 so the soundtrack is pretty good with songs of this era. 4/10

A bit much for me but on a slow do nothin day I would certainly check it out in my reclyner.
Why not, I did see all of his others and was amuzed.

Thanks I 12

Last edited by DuesPaid; 06/01/18 11:06 PM.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.