Originally Posted by JimmyIrons
Anyone read the Frank Sheerhan book? Worth a read?

Yes. "I Heard You Paint Houses" by Charles Brandt is a fascinating account of Frank Sheeran's life and I truly believe he was the man who pulled the trigger, taking Jimmy Hoffa's life. Some people have doubted his story, but it's by far the most plausible and I have yet to find a discrepancy in the book. If you haven't heard it's also being turned into a movie starring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci called "The Irishman."

I just started reading that Chin book too. Pretty interesting since I didn't know a whole lot about Gigante before other than his Wikipedia biography and what a few documentaries covered.

Another book I recommend is "The Hammer Conspiracies" by Frank Aloi which tells the story about how a mob hit on Rochester family associate Jimmy "The Hammer" Massaro resulted in the convictions of the entire upper echelon of the crime family, a police scandal where fabricated evidence led to the mobster's release from prison and a resulting war the bloodied the streets of Rochester, NY in the late 1970s.