Originally Posted by Moscone65
So your saying a few drunken goons and panzies over in Brighton Beach, running some white collar scams and extorting their own people has more influence than Cosa nostra? The five families still dominate organized crime in New York city, America's largest and arguably most important city in terms of business, money and popularity. They still have their hands in everything. If the Russians were so powerful, how come you barely hear them get arrested in the usa? And don't give me the bs about how their so secretive. If they were so important, the damn feds would atleast bust a few of them every year. But they don't because they are just popular in movies and because of people like you who have something against Italians. Meanwhile there is plenty of Cosa nostra news in the usa every year. Like it was said before, nobody gives a shit about what happens in Russia, that shithole is corrupt as hell. Now if they got that kind of power here, it would be impressive, but they don't.

YES, thats exactly what Im saying.
You need to watch few Spielberg and Hollywood fictional movies and actually pay attention for once in your life.

The gas scam which Francese made himself wealthy was organized and carried out by Russians. It was not a white collar scam. It involved Billions of dollars, the kind of money that gets people killed.
Since then, the Russian Mafia has been linked to stock manipulation, gas excise tax scams, health care fraud and cybercrime—criminal enterprises where they are pioneers, not just perpetrators. The worldwide reach of the Russian mob was demonstrated by Ludwig Fainberg, a.k.a. "Tarzan." according to Friedman, the nightclub owner arranged the sale of a Russian submarine, complete with a captain and crew, to Colombian drug runner.

And

In two posh villas outside the small town of Ricany, near Prague, one of the most dreaded mob families in the world savagely murders its terrified victims. The mob’s young enforcers, trained by veterans of the Afghanistan war, are infamous for their extreme brutality.
Their quarry, usually businessmen who have balked at extortion demands, are repeatedly stabbed and tortured, then mutilated before they are butchered. The carnage is so hideous that it has scared the daylights out of competing crime groups in the area.

The torture chambers are run by what international police officials call the Red Mafia, a notorious Russian mob family that in only six years has become a nefarious global crime cartel. Based in Budapest, it has key centers in New York, Pennsylvania, Southern California, and as far away as New Zealand.

The enigmatic leader of the Red Mafia is a 52-year-old Ukrainian-born Jew named Semion Mogilevich.
He is a shadowy figure known as the ”Brainy Don”–he holds an economics degree from the University of Lvov–and until now, he has never been exposed by the media. But the Voice has obtained hundreds of pages of classified FBI and Israeli intelligence documents from August 1996, and these documents–as well as recent interviews with a key criminal associate and with dozens of law enforcement sources here and abroad–describe him as someone who has become a grave threat to the stability of Israel and Eastern Europe.

”He’s the most powerful mobster in the world,” crows Monya Elson, who is listed in classified documents as one of Mogilevich’s closest associates and partners in prostitution and money laundering rings. The Brighton Beach­based Elson, who once led a pack of thugs and killers known as Monya’s Brigada, is currently in the Metropolitan Correctional Center in lower Manhattan awaiting trial for three murders and numerous extortions.

In July 1993, after Elson was grievously wounded by rival mobsters in a bloody shoot-out outside his Brooklyn apartment building, Mogilevich spirited him out of the country. Mogilevich then set up his Russian Jewish refugee friend in an alleged massive money-laundering scheme in Fano, Italy, where he was eventually arrested and extradited back to America. Elson, an integral part of the Red Mafia, had been one of the most feared mobsters in Brighton Beach, ground zero for Russian organized crime in America, which has exploded here following perestroika.
”If I tell on Mogilevich, Interpol will give me $20 million,” boasted Elson.
”I lived with him. I’m his partner, don’t forget. We are very, very close friends. I don’t mean close, I mean very, very close. He’s my best friend.” Nevertheless, after extensive interviews over the course of the last six months, Elson ultimately confirmed some of the details about Mogilevich contained in the classified FBI and Israeli documents.

Allegations of Mogilevich’s devilish array of criminal activities are extensively detailed in the reports:The FBI and Israeli intelligence assert that he traffics in nuclear materials, drugs, prostitutes, precious gems, and stolen art.
His contract hit squads operate in the U.S. and Europe. He controls everything that goes in and out of Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport, a ”smugglers’ paradise,” says Elson. Mogilevich bought a bankrupt airline in a former Central Asian Soviet republic for millions of dollars in cash so he could haul heroin out of the Golden Triangle. Most worrisome to U.S. authorities is Mogilevich’s apparently legal purchase of virtually the entire Hungarian armaments industry, jeopardizing regional security, NATO, and the war against terrorism.
In one typical criminal deal, Mogilevich and two Moscow-based gangsters sold $20 million worth of pilfered Warsaw Pact weapons from East Germany, including ground-to-air missiles and 12 armored troop carriers, according to the classified Israeli and FBI documents. The buyer was Iran, says a top-level U.S. Customs official who requested anonymity.

In another deal, an FBI informant told the bureau that one of Mogilevich’s chief lieutenants in Los Angeles met two Russians from New York City with Genovese crime family ties to broker a scheme to dump American toxic waste in Russia.
Mogilevich’s man from L.A. said the Red Mafia would dispose of the toxic waste in the Chernobyl region, ”probably through payoffs to the decontamination authorities there,” says a classified FBI report.

Hardly white collar scams. Murder for hire, arms dealers, now owners of bank with international clout.

Real Gangsters dont throw themselves in the limelight or get arrested.
I dont mean to insult you, but your IQ cant be above room temperature.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/25/18 04:55 PM.