DRIVE-IN MASSACRE

A great time capsule for those of us to jump in to who were either too young or weren't born yet to enjoy the experience of a drive-in movie theater. The theater used in this film actually had a playground for kids. I'm not sure if this was typical or not? The movie itself is still a somewhat bad/somewhat decent grindhouse film. Very bad lighting in parts during the nighttime scenes. I won't lie that I kind of felt a little gypped at the end in regards to the killer. 4.5/10

ANNIHILATION

Visually, a stunning film with a very interesting story that you keep anticipating what's next. A somewhat slow burn but a mind trip of an ending. I'm a huge Natalie Portman fan and she always brings a dominating performance to her work. In addition, I'm also a big fan of Oscar Isaac who similarly delivers a brilliant performance. Many fans were pleased with writer/director Alex Garland's previous work, EX MACHINA and I'm sure they will with this as well. While I did like EX MACHINA (not as much as some of the other critics), I personally enjoyed this more. I would definitely need to see it again to digest that ending. 7.5/10