I always thought the game was always perfect. Even when they made changes to try and get more scoring.

When they changed the offside position rule. So you could be offside as long as you that offside positioned player did not effect the play. I thought if the keeper even looked at the offside position player that could effect the play so offside should be called against that offside positioned player.

Bottom line is if you were skillful and can control the ball in two touches or less you can still score not matter how the defense is numbers up against you. That was always true and it is true today. But if you cannot control the ball within those two touches most of the time you will not score against a great team defense.

That means you should always practice your skill work no matter how old you are. At a certain age most trainers think you don’t have to work on skills as much as you get older. But that my friends is bull shit.

Also the more ways you can attack the better.

Best advice I ever got from a coach was not if your winning don’t change what your doing. It was if your winning always change what your doing and make it better. Then you for years and hardly ever lose a game.

only the unloved hate