Originally Posted by pmac
Dumb move by merlino if he called the juror by her first name i dont no how that will effect him. I wonder how they make the racketeering conspiracy thing work. I used to no if you were found guilty of 2 predicate acts you were toast. This case is so different from say the tommy gioeli case where it was like 20 crimes the colombo family did over 30 yrs. This case is a genovese gambling operation in yonkers a health care scam in tampa florida and the philly boss is on trial for it in Manhattan. Thinking a hung jury on some count maybe not guilty on 1 i dont know .

From what I understand part of the gambling indictment stems from Merlino giving A whale from Ohio to a bookie in flordia . the bookies name escapes me at this moment but he plead out already. From What I gather merlno was getting ten percent of this guys losses . The guy was losing big and then when he won the bookie didn't pay him. He threatened to come to Floridia and collect the guys in floridia discussed having to defend themselves if the guy showed up . Merlino is contending he was not a bookmaker , As he never actually took any bets.