This weekend I did a Soledad Miranda/Jess Franco double-feature with VAMPYROS LESBOS and SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY. VAMPYROS LESBOS is the "Tarantino effect" on me as it's considered in some circles, to be one of the 10 best grindhouse films ever made. No other director has influenced my taste in other movies like Tarantino; hence the reason he's my favorite director of all time. KILL BILL opened me up to Asian cinema and likewise when GRINDHOUSE was released, he opened me to that genre as well. SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY had too much of a THE BRIDE WORE BLACK feel to it, which I feel is a superior film and was released only 3 years earlier. Soledad Miranda did have a presence on screen and sadly, these are the only 2 films I've seen her in. What's even more sad is the fact she never got to enjoy her new found fame as she was killed in a car accident shortly after these films were completed but not yet released.

I also rewatched Dario Argento's masterpiece SUSPIRIA. I don't know what it is but the last 3 times I've seen this, I've enjoyed it more and more. His use of lighting in this is a case study within itself. A good score, great story, and great acting, particularly from star Jessica Harper and Stefani Casini.