Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Hey hoodlum,I still haven't had the chance to find and read the Crow's book Blood and Honor.I read the preview on the net and I believe it when you say how good it is.I have began reading the Chin's book.What has really sunk in with me is that when Gotti was atop the Gambino's they were so out of their league with the Genovese.I am no Gotti hater but if you look at the top guys for both families it aint even close.You had Gigante,Manna,Benny "Eggs" Mangano,Johhny "Sausage" Barbato,,George Barone,Tony Salerno had just went away and Funzi Tieri just passed.Thats just to name a few.You had young guys atop the the Gambino's like Gotti and Gravano.Now they say Deccicio or however you spell it was sharp but he was killed early on.Those guys were all old timers Gigante had and none would have ever broken the code.No way Gotti wanted to fuck with these guys.i didn't know Manna was so ruthless but if he wasn't taped and put away he would have killed John and Gene Gotti.Just amazing how the Gigante clan had it so together
The 80s Gambinos had NOTHING on the Genovese..as 4 crow's book..Amazon?,theres gotta b an outlet that has it,while ur @ it,look 4 "The Plumber" by Joe Salerno 4 another good inside look @ Scarfo's madness.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...