Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Gerry I agree 100% I really really enjoyed the book but a lot of good posters here have analyzed his book and they say he was unrelated to Joe Riccobono, and if you go deep into it, if he's willing to lie about the most basic things like his family, then you never know how much is true. Maybe 40-50% of the book? It's true the stories are over the top a lot of them, and I do believe his story in Miami, don't think he lied about most of it, but meeting Pablo a couple of times and all the Ochoas, feels kinda off to me, to be honest. He exaggerated so much stuff and it's like he has to make a point to boast that he's met every famous or infamous person and was not impressed by them. The whole evil vs good morality thing gets old very fast too. And I agree about Al D'arco's book man. I got it on hardcover (I only have like 5 books on hardcover) and I still haven't finished it. Very disappointing considering he was around some old-timers.
Gerry, PM me about ebooks, I got a lot of them, if you're interested in any.

Thanks, I will definitely be PM'ing you about the ebooks, I'm in the middle of book right now, but should finish it up in a day or two. I think I remember reading you had access to the Brotherhoods on ebook, I read it when it first came out, I got it from the library. That book was so good I'd probably read it again, and that is something I rarely do. It's in my top 5 mafia books. I got it up there with the book on Joey Massino, the Phil Leonetti book, Murder Machine, and I liked the book on Casso. I know a lot of people killed the book, but I thought it was a great read. There's a couple really good books on Whitey Bulger too.