Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
It shouldn't be THAT much of a reach that De Meo would drink blood.

If he wasn't in the mafia he probably would have been a serial killer.

He was heading down that route before the mob gave him an outlet for it.

Name any mobster and 9 times out of 10 they have never even personally got their hands dirty on a hit, and if they did, it was either the impersonal method of shooting someone or as part of a hit team.

De Meo dismembered bodies, and by all accounts he liked doing it.

They used to casually eat slices of pizza while they sawed an arm off.

Come to think of it, Chris Rosenberg was another budding serial killer whose homicidal tendencies were harnessed by the mob.

Good points Moe. What I remember reading, I think in MM, is that the Demeo crew would be eating pizza while wearing surgical gloves spattered with blood. I'm pretty sure but feel free to fact check that one.

Nah, Murder Machine doesn't state this either. It says they ate Pizza while there'd be bodies draining in the bathroom shower. And I'll tell you why they gave him the nickname Dracula, or atleast why I think. It says in Murder Machine clear as day, that while they all murdered people, only a handful of the crew members actually partook and enjoyed doing so, in the dismembering of bodies. So while you and Moe claim that despite it not actually being stated in the book, that it wouldn't be that much of a reach that DeMeo & Guglielmo "drank blood". Cool, and don't confuse any of this as me trying to say "You're wrong", you might be right for all I know. At the same time, why would it be so hard to think that crew members gave him the name simply due to his fondness for blood. And that doesn't mean he bathed in it, but that he simply liked doing the dirty stuff, like dismembering bodies, and cleaning blood off his floors? I keep seeing this word "alluded" to defend this "blood ritual" thing, thats not really proof.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/15/16 11:21 AM.