Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Actually Murder Machine is quite the good book, very informative and doesn't actually dwell into the many myths of the DeMeo crew. The blood ritual being one of them, Capeci never says in the book, in reference to Guglielmo that he performed blood rituals. Or maybe I must've missed that part. Coffey is a known to embellish details of his stories and out right make things up sometimes. Besides, he says Roy tasted some of the blood, some people taste their blood after a finger cut, that doesn't make them ritualistic blood suckers. And I wonder who could've told Coffey such a thing besides the only other rat in the crew whom is still alive, which is Dominick Montiglio, whom is also a known fabricator, his tale of the supposed Gambino meeting in which Paul Castellano was crowned official boss has also come under some scrutiny in recent years, as well.

There's nothing in Mustain and Capeci's book that implies Roy was tasting blood. The allusions are made about his cousin Guglielmo. Here's the quote..."The others called him Dracula, and not just because he had silver hair and a deep voice." The implication there is pretty blatant.

Mention of Dracula's blood rituals may have been made outside of Murder Machine. But when you read the above quote and it's implications, what difference does it really make?

My point is that if you put weight on MM, then that lends some amount of credibility to Coffey's anecdotes also.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."