Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Originally Posted By: Chance
Bigboy, Five Families is a great book. IMO probably the best book on modern mafia here in the US at least as far as New York goes.

Sorry if this was posted earlier. I skimmed thru a few pages and couldn't find what I was looking for. Few months back I was in Barnes and Noble and I found this huge book (looked way thicker then Raab's "Five Families") that talked about the mafia, cammora and I think ndranghata over in Italy. Skimming over the book looks like it gave a good history and detailed how they work and how they are different from each other. Does anybody have any clue what this book is? I can't remember the name or author for the life of me but I'd really like to get the book.

I think the book you're talking about is Blood Brotherhoods by John Dickie. It covers the history of Italy's 3 main mafia organizations: Cosa Nostra, Camorra and the 'Ndrangheta. Dickie is Europe's preeminent expert on the Italian Mafia, I read his previous book Cosa Nostra, it is a must have for anyone interested in the history of the Sicilian Mafia and its effect on the lives of everyday Sicilians..

Here's the link to the Amazon page of the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Brotherhoods-Rise-Italian-Mafias/dp/0340963948

Yes! That's the book I was asking about. I knew once I saw the cover again I'd remember it. I checked Barnes and Noble again a couple weeks ago but couldn't find it so I'll have to order it from them or Amazon. I'll also check out his other book you mentioned. I've really been starting to get more curious about the mafia and other organized crime groups in Italy. Thanks for the help Billy!