Saw The Witch.

Its really not like any horror film I can think of. It's very original and I can see why it won best picture at Sundance. Seemed like the theater was sort of speechless after it ended.

It's not so much scary as just really creepy and unsettling. There are no cheap "jump scares." Much of it is the haunting atmosphere of the movie with a few gruesome scenes. Everything is very authentic to the time period. The actors all do a great job, including the kids.

It's more about the family itself, with the witch as a backdrop. And how things happen that she uses to afflict them and tear the family apart. It's definitely a "dark" film and good certainly does not win at the end of this one. And it's really not the witch who is ultimately behind it all but someone higher up (or lower down) the ladder. When he makes his as appearance, and how he does it, is one of the more unsettling parts of the movie.

Great movie but not one I'd want to own and not for everyone. It's one of those films you either "get" or you dont.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/21/16 02:31 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.