I live in Bloomfield now. Belleville before that. American bistro is a good spot. When we get all the cousins and uncles together we go there. Good braciole (please no one say some fruity shit, nothing against them but I don't do gay games. Anyone whos been to prison knows what I mean) I saw Ralph perna the father at queen Margherita down the block in Nutley not too long before he got sent down. I'm Sicilian but my fiancé is neopolitan and the owner Pasquale is from over there. I grew up with his nephew. They got great food and they got the brick oven and make traditional neopolitan pizza. As for American bistro , people get thrown off the by the name but it's official. La Sicilia on Washington ave closer to Newark is good too. More of a pizzeria with a dinner setup. And of course Belmont tavern. If any of u jersey guys wanna try a great spot that don't serve Italian American peasant food try pearl in ridgewood. Guy I know runs it for his parents. His dad is Sicilian and his moms from Rome. They both do the cooking.