Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Just started reading Blood Oath, by George Fresolone. I don't know if they updated the book for later copies or whatever. But I have an original that was sent to me in the mail, and there's some blatant inaccuracies in it early on. Two examples are this, it clearly states Nicky Scarfo had Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino killed. That isn't true. It also says Charles "Lucky" Luciano went on to meet a violent death before Frank Costello took over control of the family, followed by Genovese. That isn't true either.

Damn I just ordered a used copy of Blood Oath off Amazon and I am really looking forward to reading it so when I get it ill let you know if my copy says anything crazy like that. I hope it dont though... How is it otherwise?

People say it's underrated. Reading it so far, it's a good read, but there's some things that are complete contradictions of things we know to supposedly be true today. Like, he says when Testa took over he moved to eliminate all the guys who were close to Bruno, as he felt they could be a powerful "pro-Bruno" camp, he says Frank Sindone was a part of this came he was killed because of his closeness to Bruno and the fact that he was looked at as Bruno's logical successor, instead of himself. Yet, we now commonly hear that Sindone was a part of the murder plot on Bruno. Fresolone says that theory is backward. Says Johnny Keys Simone was done in for the same reason. He claims Testa extended this to other guys who were considered "pro-Bruno" and powerful enough to matter, he says Pete Casella was a part of this camp, and that Pete Casella killed Testa first, because he feared Testa would kill him. Nothing is said of the whole Chickie Narducci offering him a million dollars to retire and name him boss after Testa was whacked, as being the primary reason behind Testa's murder. Claims Casella & his brother Tony were the masterminds behind that murder, not Narducci. Along with Casella fearing Testa would have him hit, he claims Casella felt that he should've been boss, and felt he was the better choice over Testa, because he had done 20 years in a stand up fashion. That means he was a guy who actually wanted to be boss, which means he wouldn't have went for the whole "I'll pay you to make me boss" thing. He says after Testa's death, that it really looked as if Harry The Hunchback would've been made boss, he claims he began to lobby the captains around him, and that had it been up to Philly, he probably would've been made boss. He says Chickie Narducci was killed for this reason, because Nicky Scarfo felt Narducci was going to align himself with Riccobene. He also claims that a lot of guys weren't happy with the fact that NY had so much say with who should be boss, and that a lot of guys felt that as their own family, the decision should be left up to them.

I'm only in the third chapter, but those are a few of the interesting things that I've come across so far.

Sounds good! Cant wait til my copy gets here. I tracked it and it said the 14th-30th but I ordered it on the 6th and its not coming from very far away..

Said mines wouldn't arrive until the 14th, but I got it on the 7th.