Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Moe here, at least when it comes to criminal defense attorneys.

When you think about it, it really takes an incredibly amoral person to be a criminal defense attorney. We're not talking about Perry Mason or Matlock here, where all their clients are innocent. This is the real world where the vast majority of clients a criminal defense attorney will represent are guilty as hell. And the criminal defense attorney KNOWS it. Murder, robbery, rape, doesn't matter. They'll do everything they can to get the scumbag off or at least with little punishment as possible. How anyone can do that for a living and then look at themselves in the mirror is beyond me. But I suppose they buy into the same cop out many here do - that they're just doing their job or performing a valuable service in our criminal justice system. Something tells me that excuse isn't going to hold up when they meet their Maker. You show me a typical criminal defense attorney and I'll show you someone going straight to hell.

And don't even get me started on those clowns they interviewed towards the end. How do we know these guys are in the mob? Why don't they go after the murderers and not Ligambi who is just a numbers writer? Are you kidding me?

Pretty childish ideas about civics and the nature of government. Go read about the doe prosecutions in Wisconsin and tell me that everything the government charges is moral, fair and wonderful.

Somehow I think you will change your tone fast if the arbitrary and vicious IRS claims you underpaid, when the federal thugs attempt to use civil asset forfeiture on your rental property because you had a bad tenant selling drugs or the EPA thinks you are building on a dry land near a "navigable water" and takes your property.

Most of these prosecutors and bureaucrats are out for number one. Without defense attorneys, everyone is facing the all powerful, thug government alone.

Don't waste your time Nicky. Not only does this fucking Eurotrash clown spout garbage, but he shows no grasp of history. Questions about Frank Martines from the Stanfa crew. Numerous books have been written about the issue, infinite internet resources from that era. Top it off with the fact the TOPIC HAS BEEN DISCUSSED 100 TIMES on this site.

He wants pretend to be a smart guy, mouths off like an educated derelict, and yet asks the dumbest fucking questions.

Moe, go buy a few books. YOu can use your welfare check. The goodfella tapes and the last gangster, both by George Anastasia. In those books you will learn all you ever wanted to know about the philly family and Frank Martines. You'll also learn about the 1999 drug case the feds tried to pin on Joey Merlino. Ron previte tried probably 50 times to get joey to approve a drug deal, but he refused to do so because its a "bad pinch". BUt ye, the LCN controls drugs in Philly.

Grow up.