Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Moe here, at least when it comes to criminal defense attorneys.

When you think about it, it really takes an incredibly amoral person to be a criminal defense attorney. We're not talking about Perry Mason or Matlock here, where all their clients are innocent. This is the real world where the vast majority of clients a criminal defense attorney will represent are guilty as hell. And the criminal defense attorney KNOWS it. Murder, robbery, rape, doesn't matter. They'll do everything they can to get the scumbag off or at least with little punishment as possible. How anyone can do that for a living and then look at themselves in the mirror is beyond me. But I suppose they buy into the same cop out many here do - that they're just doing their job or performing a valuable service in our criminal justice system. Something tells me that excuse isn't going to hold up when they meet their Maker. You show me a typical criminal defense attorney and I'll show you someone going straight to hell.

And there they will meet Joseph Smith, who will fit them with an orange jump suit and some special magic underwear.